Android OS Inadequacies

Options
Bigfoot2
Bigfoot2 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
I purchased an Acer B730HD tablet four years ago and mated it to bluetooth keyboard/case.  It made a perfect small computer that fit comfortably into a briefcase.  I loved it.  Gradually, problems started appearing.  They weren't Acer hardware problems; they were related to the Android 4.4.2 OS.  There were no software updates available.  As apps updated they started working erratically or not at all because they were no longer designed for Android KitKat.  Newer apps could not be downloaded.  Funky operating problems started occuring.  The live wallpaper that came with the tablet would suddenly disappear.  The tablet wouldn't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery was perfectly OK.  Taking the tablet off power after it turned on didn't work either.  As soon as an app was selected the tablet would shut down.  Doing several system resets didn't help.  The unit was no longer under warranty.  I gave up and retired it.  Last week I purchased an Apple iPad Mini 4.  Apps are still upgradable but so is the OS11 software.  As stated, I have no problem with the Acer hardware; this discussion was typed on my Acer R-7 computer, which I love.  Android really needs to get their act together.  Not supporting OS packages has made a lot of devices obsolete before their time, phones included.