Backlight Bleed?

Options
Swifty
Swifty Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Hey!
This is my first IPS monitor so I'm new to the IPS game and I'm wondering if this is an acceptable amount of backlight bleed? This is a xb271hu if you were wondering and it's brand new. I've taken a few photos in a dark room with the screen displaying a completely black image. Have I been unlucky and received a bad one? It seems to look worse than the ones I've seen online so far :/
Thanks.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    The backlight bleed on this monitor looks bad, far from what I would consider 'acceptable'. You should contact your retailer and ask for a replacement. If this is not an option you should contact Acer and arrange a repair.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Noton
    Noton Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options

Please contact the In warranty Acer support team and they should be able to set it up for a repair.

• Swifty
    Swifty Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    I've contacted both Acer and the company I bought it from to start an RMA/repair/replacement. Such a shame, I'm really bummed out :( I read pretty great reviews about this monitor and how it had a good track record for backlight bleed. Just my luck I guess :-1: