Chromebook 14 started freezing - a lot

TroyC
TroyC Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I've had my Acer for over a year.  It has worked really well until about a month ago it started freezing about every 10 to 20 minutes.  I haven't installed any new extensions or been doing anything new it just freezes now.

Is there a fix for this?  Would powerwashing help?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Yes, power wash should help.
    A 'Powerwash' is a Factory Reset that is used prior to performing a system recovery. Performing a powerwash will erase all local data. 

Powerwash When Not Signed In
    Shutdown the power completely by holding down the power button for 5 seconds
    Press the power button to turn the Chromebook on.
    Once the Chromebook has finished booting, ensure you do not log in.
    On the sign in screen, press the Ctrl + Shift + Alt + R keys simultaneously.

Powerwash When Signed In
    Click on the status area in the lower right corner of your display and click Settings.
    Scroll down in the Settings screen until you see 'Show Advanced Settings' and then click on this option.
    Scroll down until you see Powerwash. Click on Powerwash. Click on Restart.
    Continue and Click Reset. The Chromebook will reboot with a screen that says 'Powerwash in progress...'

After the Powerwash is complete, the Chromebook will reboot.and you will be guided through initial setup.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • AntoJoseph
    AntoJoseph Member Posts: 83 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi, Have you performed power wash? If it is not working, Then it could be a hardware issue, Please contact the local technician.