not enough space to update windows 10

Thefinch
Thefinch Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
hi, I’ve just purchased an ES1-132 CBWF WITH 29GB. I’ve not installed anything in addition to the operating programmers and have used 25.3gb. Windows 10 is telling me I need to find another 6mb and then more for norton antivirus. I’ve tried to move everything over onto an external hard drive but that’s not worked. I can’t find any options to set new updated to default and save to the memory stick (128gb). At the moment I can’t even go on line because It wants to update windows 10.

i was told if I do a factory reset I would get additional options to change the settings on space and how bits are saved, this isn’t the case. I’ve had a local shop look at it and they’ve told me it’s not designed to have additional space added apart from via usb. 

I bought it 2 months ago and it’s not fit for purpose. 

All i I want to do is safely go online and have 2apps on here Garmin and Zwift - both of which need more space than it seems to be able to have. 

Curently a a very expensive placemat. 

Any advice as feeling the laptop was sold not fit for purpose.

thanks 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Use an NTFS formatted SD card for the temporary extra space needed by Win10update to complete. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Thefinch
    Thefinch Member Posts: 2 New User
    How do I find that out? I've purchased a SanDisk 128 GB Ultra USB 3.0 Memory Stick. but then how do I format it to NTFS? also there are no options that I can see which let me set updates to select anything but the hard drive. I'm not as computer savvy as most people on here.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Probably FAT32 formatted. To check, open File Explorer. Right click on the SD card. Should indicate if it's formatted to NTFS or FAT32. If it's FAT32, use the click on format to re-format it to NTFS. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ