Acer Spin 3 won't connect to 5 Ghz Wifi Connection

Impulse1234
Impulse1234 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just recently switched internet providers and as such different routers; the router I used to have before I was able to connect to the 5Ghz Wifi connection, whereas for my new router I can't; I never needed to modify my previous router to be able to access the 5Ghz internet on it, I was able to access it right away. With my new router, I'm right now I'm stuck using a fairly unreliable and slow 2.4Ghz connection instead, whereas on my phone, I can seamlessly use the 5 Ghz connection without any problems. Nothing as far as I can tell on my laptop has changed, and I have made full updates on it; I was wondering what I need to do to make the connection happen: do I need to update my wireless driver, do I need to configure my new router, any tips?

When I try to connect to the 2.4 Ghz connection, there's no issues, but when I try to connect to the 5 Ghz, the connection takes a while to show up as an option to connect to in the first place. It shows the connection attempting, and then it appears that my Wifi crashes, and then says that it cannot connect to the network.

Acer Spin 3 SP315-51  (Windows 10)
New Modem: Archer C2 Wireless AC Dual Band Gigabit Router
Old Provider: Rogers Canada
New Provider: Fibrestream

Any tips on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Ecip
    Ecip Member Posts: 84 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited April 2018
    Open command prompt, type: netsh wlan show drivers

Under "Radio types supported", what does it show?