My Predator 15 G9-593 has the strangest problem. Sometimes it turns on, other times it wont.

Options
Jacob23
Jacob23 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Basically the situation is as follows: I'll be on it one day, then I'll turn it off. I come back to it the next day and it turns on again, all fine. Then, every other day, I'll try and turn it on after it's been powered off for X number of hours, AND IT WONT TURN ON AT ALL. Battery resets don't work, not once over the half dozen times this has happened. It always just randomly turns on again in an amount of time with no regularity. (Upon pressing the power button, not on its own.) The last period of no response to the power button by the laptop was 3 days. Sometimes it's only a day. 
I'm pretty sure there are no recognisable common variables between any of the situations where it decides to turn on again. It has nothing to do with overheating, I've never even flexed it's potential before. 
Also, when it is in this mode of complete no response to the power button, it always displays that the battery is fully charged. I need help with this. Thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,566 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sounds like the flex ribbon cable connector from the power button board to the mainboard needs to be re-seated a few times to clean and tighten its contacts. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jacob23
    Jacob23 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Is it a very difficult procedure to re-seat the cable connector? @JackE
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,566 Trailblazer
    Options
    Not easy. Google "g9-593" and "disassembly" with the quotes for video and photos of what you'd be up against. Gaining access to the memory modules might be enough to reach and reseat the connector. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ