Acer H6520BD projector - lamp won't turn on, everything else seems ok

Options
johmo
johmo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 27 in 2018 Archives
Hi, I own a  Acer H6520BD projector.
When I switch it on, the power button seems to work (it shines blue) and it still makes noise (like a fan), only the lamp doesn't turn on. Both the temperature and lamp error leds are off. Does anyone know about this error, the reason and how to fix it?
Thank you!
Regards,
Johannes

Answers

• Spelunker
    Spelunker Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited April 2018
    Options
    How long have you had this projector?
    Because depending on that, the reason for 'no display' might vary. The bulb might have burnt out or if the projector is accidentally shut off while powering on, it might affect the thermal fuse inside the projector. Or the lamp assembly can get tripped due to heat buildup and it probably needs to be replaced.

But also try doing what is called a power drain. To do this, you've first make sure nothing is connected to the projector, including power cable. Once everything is disconnected, press and hold down the Power button for 45-50 seconds. This will drain the so called 'phantom load' from the projector which sometimes prevents a system from actual power on.

Please click 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Please click 'Yes' if the comment answers your question
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    As indicated blue light for power and NO led light indication for temperature and lamp error; it seems as lamp module issue. You can try reseating the lamp module. Also ensure that the vents and air filter are not clogged with dust or obstructed by nearby objects. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• johmo
    johmo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you, Spelunker and Balatekie!
    Sadly I couldn't fix it. I sent the projector to the Acer Repair Center and they just changed the lamp. I thought it was not the lamp because the lamp error led was off. Now it works again.