If I install ssd by myself will I lose warranty?

Shivkmal
Shivkmal Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I want to install a SSD in my A515 51G. If I do it myself will I lose warranty? or should I take the laptop to service point and say the service person to fit the ssd for me? 

Best Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    I really do not know anything about your ability in installing SSD. If you believe you can do that without making damages to unit, you can go ahead and install the SSD. If not, better get help from local technician. Fyi....I hope that customer induced damages will not be honored by Acer under warranty.  
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    It depends on the region you are in and the warranty terms, normally if you don't damage any hardware in the process, you won't void the warranty but  I would suggest you to get in touch with the Acer Support centre in your region and get the confirmation that you won't void the warranty by opening the back cover.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    I really do not know anything about your ability in installing SSD. If you believe you can do that without making damages to unit, you can go ahead and install the SSD. If not, better get help from local technician. Fyi....I hope that customer induced damages will not be honored by Acer under warranty.  
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    It depends on the region you are in and the warranty terms, normally if you don't damage any hardware in the process, you won't void the warranty but  I would suggest you to get in touch with the Acer Support centre in your region and get the confirmation that you won't void the warranty by opening the back cover.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • bluewanderer
    bluewanderer Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

If you are in the US Look up the Magnussen-Moss act.
  • Shivkmal
    Shivkmal Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Thank you very much for your replies guys. I am not a technician I generally fix my PC looking at youtube and reading blogs, I thought I could fit SSD, but again laptop is something different. I will contact acer service centre to install the ssd for me. I won't overestimate myself and damage the laptop. Thank you again.