Intel xtu reset

Options
Flame
Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello. I install XTU for undervolting , I put it on -150v and did some stress tests that to see if the system is stable. When i observe that  the lap top started to warm up again i open the app and saw that the settings has reset after 2-3 days. I thought it was because of instability and put it on -140... after several days it reset again I put it on -50... again reset.. i don't understand it is because of windows update , lap top problem, does someone else have similar problem? Btw i did not put the XTU to start with windows loging up but why reset after several days and not after first or sec reboot? 

Best Answer

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    From my own experience XTU can and does reset the CPU register settings back to default.  I now use ThrottleStop it's stable and does not present any issues.  There's guides at the top of the forum for setting up ThrottleStop and having it auto start.

Q-6

Answers

• Queen6
    Answer ✓
    Options
    From my own experience XTU can and does reset the CPU register settings back to default.  I now use ThrottleStop it's stable and does not present any issues.  There's guides at the top of the forum for setting up ThrottleStop and having it auto start.

Q-6
  • Flame
    Options
    Thank you. In the end i will start using that .. i saw a video about XTU and how simply it is to use it ,that's why i start using it and knowing that settings remain after reboot was great but now it is annoying. will leave post unsolved maybe someone will come with another idea
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Flame 

What is the full model number or the type of processor (i5 or i7) in your laptop.
    It would depend on the voltage range for your processor and the voltage your system requires; the Intel® XTU reads the information from your laptop BIOS and then the changes you make in XTU are also done in the BIOS.

XTU will save last set value as long as system did clean shutdown , if shutdown was not right, it reverts to stock values . This is safety feature so if your OC was to high, it reverts so system will boot fine.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Flame
    Options
    hello! i have helios 300 ph317-51 I7 i put it on -150 and use intel burner to see if it stable , how i understand u can undervolt till one value and then  lap top crash this is the screenshot https://gyazo.com/e38bca20b08ecf0b25850400d744aa71  with -150v  and it staid like that for 3-4 days and then it reset itself
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Flame
    This model has a Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ processor Quad-core 2.80 GHz.
    The voltage range for this processor active operating mode is 0.55 to 1.52

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Flame
    Options
    hmmm i just start using  ThrottleStop  and i put the voltage at -160 and try intel burn test and i played WOW on ultra for 30 min and it did not crash.. sould i leave it at -160 and if i have prob in next  couple days to decrees .. and btw  XTU reset to many ppl thats why i think it is the best to  ThrottleStop  and make a task to start  at log on.
  • Queen6
    Options
    Flame said:
    hmmm i just start using  ThrottleStop  and i put the voltage at -160 and try intel burn test and i played WOW on ultra for 30 min and it did not crash.. sould i leave it at -160 and if i have prob in next  couple days to decrees .. and btw  XTU reset to many ppl thats why i think it is the best to  ThrottleStop  and make a task to start  at log on.
    My G9-793 (7700HQ) is undervolted by -132mV with ThrottleStop have done a lot of stress testing and it can go deeper, equally I prefer that stability is ensured.  If you have any issues just decrease the undervolt value until the system is stable.

Q-6