ZC-605 noise

KwPdkDsX
KwPdkDsX Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
Is there a way to tell if the noise is caused by the fan or I may need a new hard drive?
Can I put these in myself?
What is the part# for the fan and for the max size hard drive?  I am attaching the noise file - it has been on and off for 3+ years - mostly on.

Tried to attach the mp3 noise file - it was not allowed. why?

Also, I have a wireless home network.  What is the easiest way to stream from the Acer to a 49" TV (rtu4921) led uhdtv?

Thanks,

Les

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018

Static noise can be generated from many different sources...poor grounding, bad connections, internal PC components, etc. It could be difficult to determine exactly where it's coming from.
    >Are you using the same factory shipped windows operating system?
    >Is the fan even circulating any air in or out of the vents?
    >Do you hear the sound when the charger is unplugged?
    >Keep other devices that cause interference as far away from the laptop (printer, phone)

>>>>>it's important to try every scenario to really pinpoint the source of the noise.  Is it truly a grinding or more of a whirring noise? If it were truly grinding, in a manner that might indicate a head crash, the drive would most likely throw lots of errors or not even be usable. 

>>>>>The first and foremost step that you should take is getting a backup of all your data on any external or removable media storage. 
    Also, create a USB recovery media so that you can use it to restore the same windows os without prompting for a  product key and all the device drivers.

>>>>>The very first thing you should do is make sure the hard drive is the actual source of the noise and not a different hardware component. 
    For example, if you unplug the power and data cables from the hard drive but you still hear the noise when you boot up the computer, it's clear that the issue is not with the hard drive. If the noise is gone when the power cable is plugged in but returns when you attach the data cable to the hard drive, then you probably need to replace the data cable.
     >>>>>I'm not sure on an easier way other than just using compressed air can in the fan slot with just a short burst of air, let the fan settle then another burst of air. Make sure not to use burst of longer than 1-2 seconds at a time without letting the fan slow. With this method its not guaranteed that you get all the ***** out of the fan that's why we recommend disassembling it to clean it.

Hope the best!

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!