Acer Nitro AN515-51 having problems.

Avinaash125
Avinaash125 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, I bought an Acer Nitro 5 about a month ago. About 2 weeks after buying it i started noticing some problems. While watching videos or casually browsing the screen will turn black and buzz for a while then restart. Secondly after a month the system started making my disk go up to 100%. It makes everything I`m doing to lag especially when i`m gaming. Thirdly, this was about 2 months in and while watching videos my screen went like colourful static while having the static noise until it restarts. For the second problem. i googled a solution but it only lasted about a day. My games are still very laggy even though the ping is very low and fps is pretty high. Please reply a way to fix this because i live in a hostel and it is hard to fix any hardware problems. It is new anyways, cant be spoiled that fast. I tried updating my drivers but nothing changed. The ingame lags did not fix even by lowering the game settings. PLEASE HELP! :(

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Hi,

You can try power reset of your laptop.

Unplug all the cables > flip the computer upside down > check for a small battery reset pinhole > use a paper clip and insert it > keep holding it for 30-40 sec. This will discharge any static energy from your device. 

Also, what browser do you use.. if it's internet explorer you can enable use software rendering instead of GPU rensrende if this doesn't work then enable acclerated graphics and check.

Regarding slow performance issue please try to uninstall any unnecessary pre-installed application.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Avinaash125
    Avinaash125 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Rudy, i shall try the battery thing you said. 

I use google chrome most of the time but sometime use microsoft edge.
    How do enable accelerated graphics?