K272HUL DVI ports not detecting signal

Options
Fondor1
Fondor1 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I have two K272HUL monitors hooked up to a Gigabyte GTX1060 via DisplayPort on Windows 10. Everything works fine in this configuration, however the video card is starting to fail when under load so it's going to be RMA'd. I replaced the video card with an older GTX555 in the meantime in order to continue using the PC. The GTX555 only has two DVI out and a single HDMI out port.

In this configuration, neither monitor detects a signal; it flashes "No Signal", then goes to sleep for 5-10 seconds before re-awakening to display "No Signal" again. I have verified that the inputs are set correctly to DVI on both monitors and that the cables and the video card works by using different monitors. I also plugged the GTX1060 back in and tried DVI on that one but the symptoms are identical.

Occasionally, I can get one or the other monitor to work if I disconnect all cables from a monitor and let it sit for some time, then plug back in the DVI and power connection. That's fine until trying to connect the second monitor, after which Windows "refreshes" both screens and then neither come back up.

This appears to be some sort of firmware issue in these monitors selecting input modes. Any experience or guidance anyone can offer? Is there a tricky sequence that can make these monitors both work simultaneously? This seems like RMA material, but since DVI is not the mode I anticipate operating these screens in most of the time, I am less inclined to RMA the units.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Fondor1

Please check if you have setup the below mentioned resolution.
    The K272HUL monitor supports the following maximum resolution.
    DUAL LINK DVI - 2560x1440 @ 60Hz
    DisplayPort (DP) - 1920 x 1080p @ 50Hz
    HDMI - 1920 x 1080i @ 60Hz
    These resolutions are only available if the video card is capable of supporting them.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Fondor1
    Fondor1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I encounter the issue before Windows even boots. During the POST sequence at boot (very low resolution), the monitors never display anything except "No Signal".

Another update: I was able to locate an HDMI to DVI cable in my stash of cables and used the HDMI end at the monitor. It worked with no issues. As soon as I switched cables to DVI connection on both ends, the monitor would no longer see a signal. That DVI cable works fine on other PCs and other monitors.
  • liutiger27
    liutiger27 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    This seems to be a common problem. 

I have seen this issue intermittently. no matter if I connect via display port (to my Win10 lapto) or hdmi cable (to my macbook). Mine will wake up and working for a while after I unplug the power cable and plug in again. After a few minutes it goes blank again with no signal. At that point, it won't allow me to bring up the menu anymore, all the buttons stopped working. 

I sent it in for warranty once, but they just send it back saying it's running without any issue and burn tested for 24 hours. Now I don't know what to do but keep unplug my power cable, (it doens't have a power switch either :(. ) and the working time seems shorten a lot recently.