Acer predator helios 300 boot in 2 Minutes

Iliasbelkiss
Iliasbelkiss Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
i just got this pc 3 weeks ago and he takes long time to boot up i have latest pilots and latest version of bios and ij ust reset it and the problem didnt go 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,788 Pathfinder
    Hi,

please check and disable startup programs in task manager. Also, try clean boot by launching run by holding  Windows + R > type msconfig > select services tab > on the bottom left check the box which state hide all microsoft services > click on disable all and apply. Restart the unit to see the effect.. this should basically boot the device quicker. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Often slow boot times can be traced back to a network connection that isn't working. By default the network has a 90 second timeout, so if the computer is trying to reconnect a shared drive that isn't actually available it'll pause for 90 seconds then continue. Note that this will also happen if you have a virus that tries to connect to a specific internet server after the server has been taken off line. Run a scan or two just to be sure you haven't been bitten.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.