Is battery conditioning REALLY necessary when you get your new laptop?

xuzo
xuzo Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just bought an 

Aspire A315-51-38G5 NX.GNPST.002

Price was really good on it, but the box was opened and the guy before used it for 16 hours (according to crystal Disk HDD tool) , so I'm pretty sure the battery is fine still.

I did a test with running youtube non-stop on WIFI with brightness at 2 notches (25%) and it runs about 6.5 hours as advertised.

Now I doubt the guy followed the conditioning method of fully charging and discharging 3 times on first laptop use...

Does that mean my battery might not last as long?

How long is the warranty for the battery?

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, @ xuzo ... 

Battery conditioning is not needed on all laptops, unless you experience low battery backup issues. 

To avoid battery related issues and get better battery life span:- Do not have charger connected all the time to your computer. Utilize the battery power and when battery is @ 30%, plug in charger and charge the unit. Once it is fully charged, unplug the charger. 

Moreover, the laptop will be getting manufacturer warranty and that includes for battery also. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    I doubt conditioning makes much difference. Battery warranty is as long as the laptop warranty. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, @ xuzo ... 

Battery conditioning is not needed on all laptops, unless you experience low battery backup issues. 

To avoid battery related issues and get better battery life span:- Do not have charger connected all the time to your computer. Utilize the battery power and when battery is @ 30%, plug in charger and charge the unit. Once it is fully charged, unplug the charger. 

Moreover, the laptop will be getting manufacturer warranty and that includes for battery also. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)