Acer Iconia W4 tablet stuck in reboot mode

Options
Nautanick1983
Nautanick1983 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 15 in 2018 Archives
I am trying to restore an Acer Iconia W4 820 tablet to factory defaults. I'm using official Acer media recovery, and for the longest time I couldn't get past the PXE boot screen. I've finally managed to do so, and when the tablet starts up now I get this message: Restore Failed - Cannot find image path M:\RecoveryImage\install.wim (I've attached a picture). I've tried multiple times and cannot get past this; googling hasn't helped any. If anyone has an advice or suggestions on how to get past this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi, If I am not wrong, you are trying to restore the unit using Acer Recovery Management program with in the unit. If so, the error message indicates that the files in the recovery partition are corrupted. You can contact Acer Store (1800-910-2237) and get USB Recovery Media to reload OS to factory default. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Nautanick1983

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Balatakie,

Thanks for you reply. I am already using Acer USB Recovery Media to do this, using a USB hub with the recovery media and a mouse. Is it possible they've sent me the wrong recovery media?
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi, @ Nautanick1983 ..... May I know from where did you get the USB Recovery Media? If you purchased is from Acer Store, You can call them back and report the issue to get a new USB Recovery Media. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Nautanick1983

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Balatakie,

I ordered it over the phone and it was shipped to me.

Thank you for your help
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    hi,

please contact the phone service you have called to placed the order and let them about the issue. they might be able to help you.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer