Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

x34p flickering

phawkins633phawkins633 Posts: 4Member New User
I just got off the phone to Acer Technical Support. I'm awaiting a shipping label, as I am going to RMA it. Not happy. The problem is unfortunately with most X34P models. It is fine with native 100 hz. As soon as I overclock it, it starts blinking/flickering. I was in 120hz rock solid heaven for about 2 weeks. Then it just started blinking. Tried everything, from re-setting the monitor to various software configurations. Nothing worked. Gotta pack this big assed thing back up to send. I will only do this once, as I'm pretty sure it's a consistent problem, addressed ONLY on a hardware level. I'm hoping that its just a matter of a "monitor lottery", so perhaps my replacement will not flicker..not very confident however. I will follow up and let you know. And no, changing the driver to "sync" does nothing, as it is a hardware problem.

FAQ & Answers

• KamalikaKamalika Posts: 364Ally

Hi,

This definitely seems to be a hardware issue. Good to know that you are sending the computer for repair. That should take care of the issue.

If I answered your question, please mark my post "accept" to make it easier for others to find the answer!
  • phawkins633phawkins633 Posts: 4Member New User
    OK, don't know if anyone is reading this, but hrer's an update. Repair has had it for 10 days now, with no update. I chatted with the online guy, but all they can do is access the exact same status as I can online. He was apologetic, and said that they have have a lot of monitors come back and they are waiting a response from the engineers, so apparently they are having quite a flickering issue with the X34P when overclocked. I still love the monitor, and wouldn't really mind the wait, if the tech support "chat" guy was more helpful. So, we go into week 3. Including time in transit to Acer, they will soon have possession of the monitor for longer than I have...lol
  • LKNANMLLKNANML Posts: 2Member New User
    I've had mine since June 1st and last night it started flickering. In the blink of an eye I get lines across the center of the screen. It's random time wise. It does not appear to blink when booting up. Soon as win 10 starts loading it will flicker. Seems to happen more when just the desktop is up. When a game is going it will happen less often. I've tried everything. New drivers, set refresh in win, in the display, OC on off all rates, different cable, different computer, different power source. All I can say is I am extremely disappointed. Back light bleed is almost nonexistent and I had zero dead pixels. It just happened late last night so I have a few more option to try but it doesn't look good.
  • MartiMarti Posts: 1Member New User
    Hi, is there any update to this? I bought an Acer preadator x34p and Iva had it for about 2 weeks and put it in overclocked mode, now it starts with the flickering like you describe. If I turn off the overclock it works fine but its very disappointing. It should be in the marketing that you can overclock it, but only for meager 2 weeks of its lifespan lol... If this continues I hope I can return it
  • Yabafrust91Yabafrust91 Posts: 1Member New User
    edited August 17
    I have the same flickering problem on the left half of screen when Oc'ed to 120Hz with Gsync on, but I only get flickering when a game is running below 90 fps. Between 90 and 95 fps its barely noticable or there is no flickering. Above 100 fps, no problems.
  • JosephChuJosephChu Posts: 1Member New User
    Hi, is any news from all your problem? I bought an x34p for about 1 month and put it in overclocked mode. now it starts with the flickering like all you describe. If I turn off the overclock it works fine, I am very disappointing too. I would like to return it but it seems take very very long time. Any suggest for me?
  • EAKHawkEyeEAKHawkEye Posts: 2Member New User
    I, too, would like an update on this as my issue has been ongoing since April. I'm unable to be without the monitor so I've set it to 100Hz. But waiting 1.5y and spending the extra money, I'm hoping to utilize the 120Hz.