Acer Aspire e15 E5-575G-53VG freezes while loading games

OlliPop
OlliPop Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought my Acer laptop in November of 2016, and its been working fine until a few weeks ago it started freezing while loading into games. I cant move the mouse, press the windows key, CTRL+ALT+DELETE doesn't do anything, and I have to hold the power button and restart it. Other than that, the keyboard will still light up if I press a key. It ONLY does this while loading games and rendering 3D models, which happens to be the two things I do most. I can still browse the internet and watch youtube. I sent Acer an email about repairing it, and it would have been about $330 to do that, so no. Also, sometimes it will make a low, dull buzzing noise.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,788 Pathfinder
    Hi,

Regarding performance issue. You can try to change the virtual memory of your computer. changing these settings will improve performance. Also, adding to this you can make changes in the graphic properties.

Steps to change Virtual memory:
    1. Bring up the System page by either:
    • Pressing the Windows logo key Windows logo key + Pause
    • or
    • Open File Explorer by left-clicking the manila folder icon on the Taskbar or pressing the Windows Logo key Windows logo key + E at the same time. When File Explorer is open, right-click on This PC and select Properties on the context menu that appears.
    2. Make note of the installed memory (RAM)
    3. Click on the Advanced system settings link
    4. Click on the Advanced tab of the System Properties dialog box
    5. Click on the Settings ... button in the Performance section
    6. Click on the Advanced tab of the Performance Options dialog box
    7. Click on the Change ... button inside of the Virtual memory section
    8. Deselect the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box
    9. Select Custom size and enter the initial size and maximum size using the calculation shown above
    10. Click on the Set button
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Spelunker
    Spelunker Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    The Acer E 15 is powered by Intel's Core i5 processor, which will offer you plenty of performance. This particular i5 processor is the standard across the industry for mid-range laptops, found in everything from Dell's Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 lineup to Samsung's Notebook 13 series. 

For day-to-day multitasking, video streaming, and even memory-hogging app-usage (Adobe Premieres and Photoshops), the Acer E 15 is a capable contender. And if gaming is a priority for you, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is the E 15 is well-equipped to handle middle-of-the-road gaming, or even very demanding games, but you'll have to tick down the graphics a few notches. 

And in your case, you're using 3D sofwares (Maya,3Ds Max, etc., I assume) and probably the latest games which consume a lot of memory and graphics. And for this laptop, you will have to tone down the quality setting of your games, including disabling Anti-aliasing for high end games, for it to function smoothly. Still, while running graphic heavy programs, the system will heat up quite a bit. And that's what forces it to shut down the display to prevent overheating. That's why the system looks like it's on but fails to display anything, forcing you to reboot the system.

However, there is a fix for this issue. I would recommend installing "nVidia Inspector". It's an app that reads out driver and hardware information for GeForce graphics cards. And it has a control module that allows you to change the fans speed, frame rate, etc. Using this app and by changing the settings on it, you can play graphic heavy games. It's a bit easy to install and use but I would recommend watching tutorial videos about it on Youtube before installing it. 

Please click 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Please click 'Yes' if the comment answers your question