Aspire V5 nitro VN7-591G massive crash

Options
PierreYvesL
PierreYvesL Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I have had my V5 nitro black edition for a few years.

I treat it very well, it doesn't travel, it has never been watered, never fell down or anything like that.

About a month ago, It shut down while I was working on it and it was impossible to restart it.

It didn't give me any warning or blue screen. It didn't switch to battery. It didn't slow down or overheat... it just fully stoped and it was impossible to turn it back on.

I brought it back where I bought it (Mediamarkt), they sent it back to Acer in the Netherlands for a diagnosis.
Three weeks passed without getting any news from it. I sent an e-mail to Mediamarkt to ask them what was taking so long...
Within the next few hours I received a call telling me that they got an answer.

The answer was : You need to change everything inside...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Note that the price is without VAT... this would amount to a total of € 1.104,03 in repair cost...

When I asked for details about what exactly went wrong and caused such important damages, the answer was basicly "we have no idea..."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I understand that the computer is nearly 5 years old but it was always used properly, never had any shocks, water, major problem...
Hell, I even sent it back in the original box it came from... who does that if not someone taking great care of his computer.

I was wondering if this was a common situation.
"We don't know what caused the problem so we change everything and charge the maximum for it, just deal with it..."

I love this computer, I am willing to pay a decent price for the repair if I can have a clear explaination instead of "we don't know so we change everything"...
At this price, I will definitly not repair it, I would rather buy a desktop from a competitor honestly...

[Edited post to removed un-allowed or personal information - Acer-Harvey]

Comments

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018
    Options
    In my opinion the repair is totally not worth it. For this price you can purchase not just a decent desktop, but a gaming laptop with gtx 1050ti or 1060(helios 300) for instance. Refuse the repair and take from the laptop usable things like RAM and storage media.

About the issue, I think most likely a capacitor has blown up. This is the first part you should expect to fail in a system. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!