Acer e15 e5-576g-50en Ram Compatibility

karlflores
karlflores Member Posts: 9 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi.. again.. i previous is solved on how to know the model of ram installed on my laptop.. 

i found this.. 

after that i've tried looking for a compatible ram.. and found this one in online store.. 

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/kingston-value-ram-4gb-1600mhz-pc3l-12800-ddr3l-135v-non-ecc-cl11-sodimm-1rx8-laptop-memory-ram-i5336905-s6772242.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlistcategory.list.5.760754b7GvyweK&search=1

so my question now is.. is this compatible with my present installed ram? can i combine them both? i want to upgrade my ram coz i'm lagging when im using adobe PS.. and also on video editing.. hope you can help me.. TIA.. 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The bottleneck is your mainboard bus so it should be OK. But not 100% guaranteed. If it doesn't work, you'll have 8GB total. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    This RAM(from the screenshot) is compatible with the one in your laptop.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• JackE
    Yes, you probably now have two 2GB modules in two slots. So you could have 2GB+4GB=6GB total if you only buy one 4GB module to work with one of your 2GB modules. But it is probably best to match two 4GB modules = 8GB total Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• karlflores
    model/serial number :S/N: NXGSBSP0017361744D7600
    part number: 
     KINGSTON SO-DIMM DDR3L 1600 4GB ACR16D3LS1KBGR (the one that is currently installed on my laptop)
    CPU: intel i5-8250U
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce MX150 2gb ram

i only have 1x4gb ram installed on slot #2.. and im planning to buy a 1x8gb ram.. just slowly upgrading.. so i can use it on editing.. until i have budget to buy another 8gb ram.. 
  • JackE
    4+8 = 12GB should be OK too. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• karlflores
    so i can buy the one on the second pic? 
  • karlflores
    PC3(the 4gb) + PC3L(the 8gb) will work just fine? 
    they have different max bandwidth.. is that ok? 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    The bottleneck is your mainboard bus so it should be OK. But not 100% guaranteed. If it doesn't work, you'll have 8GB total. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• karlflores
    thank.. will put that one in my list.. for now.. i will try to look for PC3L type.. thank you :D
  • RML414
    RML414 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can I add 8gb of ram in memory slot #2?
  • FunTouch
    FunTouch Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hello...did that work?   ive brought it and it says in the specs that 4GB DDR3L RAM x1 is installed  and it says this >  ( upgradable to 16GB DDR3L x 2)
    1.)      So the question is can i put 2x 16gb DDR3L to make it 32gb?   or its max is 16gb?
    2.)      Also when i use CPUZ you can see in picture below its DDR3 that i can see not DDR3L   so which one should i buy  DDR3 or DDR3L?

Help from an expert would be great.   ACER HELP!
    I got the same laptop Acer e15 e5-576G-50en
    CPU: intel i5-8250U
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce MX150 2gb ram

• Bits
    Bits Member Posts: 6 New User
    Did you already upgrade your ram? Did it work?