will the Acer Aspire S24 be available with options?

purplegolfchic
purplegolfchic Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
any idea if Acer will eventually offer upgrades/options on the S24? I need larger hard drive and would prefer an SSD. Original news announcement mentioned "up to 2T HD".....I love the design!!

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi! The Aspire S 24 is available for sale @ Acer Store. The model # S24-880-UR12. This particular model comes inbuilt with 1 TB HDD. This can be upgraded to 2TB. Form factor is 2.5-inch & Interface is SATA 3.0. The unit also comes with 1 SSD module bay - Form factor M.2 2280 (Support Intel Optane memory). Supported capacities 128GB, 256GB or 512GB. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi,
    It is available. contact acer you might get discount coupons for the specific model. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • purplegolfchic
    christy1 said:
    Hi,
    It is available. contact acer you might get discount coupons for the specific model. 
    when I have looked online, it says that you can add some of things
    yourself----they don't seem to offer PC that can be ordered with optionals, such as larger HD or more memory
  • purplegolfchic
    Balatekie said:
    Hi! The Aspire S 24 is available for sale @ Acer Store. The model # S24-880-UR12. This particular model comes inbuilt with 1 TB HDD. This can be upgraded to 2TB. Form factor is 2.5-inch & Interface is SATA 3.0. The unit also comes with 1 SSD module bay - Form factor M.2 2280 (Support Intel Optane memory). Supported capacities 128GB, 256GB or 512GB. 
    that means I can upgrade myself--not what I want to do. I am talking about ordering a PC like I can at Dell or HP, choosing options to be included in package.....like MS Windows 10  professional instead of home, choosing 2T HD instead of 1T, etc. Acer is just saying if you want to do it yourself, you can add memory or swap out HD