Display Port Problems (XB241H)

DanzoDud
DanzoDud Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
When I first received the monitor I used HDMI without problem however, since my laptop did not have a display port, I was unable to use the Gsync and 144Hz functionality. Recently, I purchased a display port to mini display port cable so that I can use this functionality. However, when I first connected the monitor to display port it wasn't connecting properly and turning off and on repeatedly. To fix the issue I changed the mini display port I was using on my laptop and this fixed the issue... for the most part. Now I get the disconnections very rarely and my screen goes black for a second and then the display port logo pops up in the middle of the screen.

The fact that changing ports fixed most of the issues leads me to believe that the issue does not stem from the cable. I did notice a post from someone who had similar issues to me but nothing they suggested has helped me (link to post https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/555354#Comment_555354).

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hope you tried to reinstall the display drivers. check if the cable is compatible. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)