My mouse (gaming mouse) lights stay on after shut down (Acer Nitro 5)

Options
KHCute
KHCute Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
When i shutdown my Laptop (Acer Nitro 5 and Win 10) the mouse still lights stay on. I have tried some ways on the internet but no luck. Any suggestion !?

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018
    Options
    KHCute

Please check if your device has the Acer USB application.
    Also, Open Acer Quick Access software (if pre-installed in your system) and turn off the charge on USB option.  

Note that many USB ports are set to supply +5V even when the computer is shutdown. Some Aspire Nitro 5 has USB port with power-off charging.
    Have you tried connecting the mouse to other USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on your laptop?

For windows 10, when you press Shut Down from the start menu, it actually puts the computer into hibernation mode. 
    Go into the power section of your bios and enable ErP if it's available. This should shut everything off when the computer is shutdown.

Check if this is a  hibernation issue. 
    go to System Settings , check "Power and sleep", Additional power settings, choose what the power buttons do, and uncheck " turn on fast startup" . You may have to click "change settings that are currently unavailable" at the top of the window. This could fix the mouse light up issue after the PC is shut off! 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • KHCute
    KHCute Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Sharanji said:
    KHCute

Please check if your device has the Acer USB application.
    Also, Open Acer Quick Access software (if pre-installed in your system) and turn off the charge on USB option.  

Note that many USB ports are set to supply +5V even when the computer is shutdown. Some Aspire Nitro 5 has USB port with power-off charging.
    Have you tried connecting the mouse to other USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on your laptop?

For windows 10, when you press Shut Down from the start menu, it actually puts the computer into hibernation mode. 
    Go into the power section of your bios and enable ErP if it's available. This should shut everything off when the computer is shutdown.

Check if this is a  hibernation issue. 
    go to System Settings , check "Power and sleep", Additional power settings, choose what the power buttons do, and uncheck " turn on fast startup" . You may have to click "change settings that are currently unavailable" at the top of the window. This could fix the mouse light up issue after the PC is shut off! 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Thanks @Sharanji for you comment.

I have tried with Turn Off the charge on USA Option in Acer QUick Access and Unchecked "Turn on fast startup" also but the problem isn't resolved. I am using USA 2.0 and i have also checked my BIOS, there isn't ERP option.

Any news !? Thanks so much !
  • mattbushnell083
    mattbushnell083 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi @Sharanji,

The Acer Quick Access software 'power-off USB charging' feature worked for me. None of the Windows settings did nor did I find any settings in the Bios. Glad I have managed to disable that because I do not want it using up power when the computer is turned off (even if it's minimal) and I do not want to have to remove my USB hub every time because the whole reason why I bought the hub was to keep the original laptop ports in good condition.

• MaliduDilshan
    MaliduDilshan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i don't have acer USB manager . how can i get it?