Can’t install Windows10 or any OS Swift Sf113-31

Options
Devilanonym1
Devilanonym1 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello I hope that I find a solution 
I formated the c drive and also all data on the hdd (Acer Swift Sf113-31 series)
I cant boot from usb or hdd too it say no bootable device please help me to install Windows 10 again using external hdd or usb or external cd driver 

Best Answer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    1. Create Windows 10 USB media with Microsoft's tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2. Go in to your BIOS settings and load the defaults (F9) and then save/exit (F10)

3. Go back in to your BIOS settings and enable the F12 boot menu and then save/exit

4. Please don't disable Secure Boot anymore.

5. Boot the Windows 10 USB....by tapping the F12 key at boot

6.  When you see the screen below, press Shift+F10 on your keyboard to get a Command Prompt.

7. At the command prompt, type

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk x   (x=your main HDD/SSD/eMMC that you want to wipe)     Be careful---don't select the wrong disk
    clean
    convert GPT
    exit
    exit

8. Press and hold your computer's power button until your computer shuts off

9. Turn on your computer and install Windows 10.  Select Custom Install.  Click on the drive where you want to install Windows 10 (it should say "unallocated space") and click Next......and the Windows installer will automatically partition, automatically format, and automatically install Windows.
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Have you tired connecting the USB drive to a different USB port? Also download rufus and create a USB bootable flash drive with it, by simply selecting the windows .iso file and as a device select the drive you wish to use to install windows.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Devilanonym1
    Options
    Yes I have tried Rufus with mbr format with win7 it start but the logo windows stay blocked
  • Devilanonym1
    Options
    ANY help ??????
  • JordanB
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    1. Create Windows 10 USB media with Microsoft's tool

2. Go in to your BIOS settings and load the defaults (F9) and then save/exit (F10)

3. Go back in to your BIOS settings and enable the F12 boot menu and then save/exit

4. Please don't disable Secure Boot anymore.

5. Boot the Windows 10 USB....by tapping the F12 key at boot

6.  When you see the screen below, press Shift+F10 on your keyboard to get a Command Prompt.

7. At the command prompt, type

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk x   (x=your main HDD/SSD/eMMC that you want to wipe)     Be careful---don't select the wrong disk
    clean
    convert GPT
    exit
    exit

8. Press and hold your computer's power button until your computer shuts off

9. Turn on your computer and install Windows 10.  Select Custom Install.  Click on the drive where you want to install Windows 10 (it should say "unallocated space") and click Next......and the Windows installer will automatically partition, automatically format, and automatically install Windows.
  • Devilanonym1
    Options
    thanks man you are the best 
  • AbirHasan
    AbirHasan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I brought a new acer aspire 5 a515-52. I am facing the same problem. 
  • JordanB
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @AbirHasan

You can start a new topic.

If you're having trouble creating or booting a Windows 10 USB, a lot of people use rufus.

1. Dowload the iso using the microsoft media creation tool.
    2. Use rufus to create UEFI bootable media with rufus settings:     UEFI (non CSM), GPT, FAT32

https://rufus.ie/

If you need to order original OEM recovery media or contact Acer.....

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

But I would start a new topic first.....and they will ask you if your HDD/SSD is visible in BIOS.  You should include your full model.   Good luck.
  • Indrajeet
    Indrajeet Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    JordanB 

It's showing "Security Boot Fail" after following the process. I'm not able to load any OS now. 

• antedomazet123
    antedomazet123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2020
    Options
    When i go in cmd and write : diskpart  it dont shows my ssd
                                                list disk

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    @antedomazet123 you should start a new thread, using the Ask a Question button. Tell us your full model number, describe the issue you are seeing and what steps you have taken so far. That will make it much easier for others to find a solution with search.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.