No Connectivity Icon (photo below)

ryn
ryn Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
At this point I might as well just get a new laptop.
This morning I woke up to this lovely sight:
I'm unable to connect to wifi and incidentally, my bluetooth icon also seems to have disappeared. please help :anguished:

Answers

• ryn
    ryn Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edit: the bluetooth icon has returned! wireless connection, however, has not and remains as the icon pictured above.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,436 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Have you tried reinstalling the driver for Ethernet card? If not, download the driver from Acer support site and install it in Device manager after uninstalling the current driver.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
    You could also reset the router and see whether it helps, switch off the router, keep pressing the button for 30 secs, let it rest for a while and then switch it on.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    The up arrow in the tray suggests that not all icons are being displayed. What happens when you click on it ?
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 699 Moderator
    Hi,

At first we would like to understand if you are using Ethernet cable ( Wired connection ) or Wireless connection. According the to above picture it looks to be Ethernet connection. Please try the steps below to get the issue resolved.

For Wired connection:
    1. Access device Manager ( press and hold Win + X  and choose device manager )
    2. Under networks, please uninstall the ethernet drivers ( Do not check the box to delete driver software )
    3. Restart the device

For Wireless connection:
    1. Make sure your router is ON 
    2. check if any other devices works with the same router ( if No: Restart your router )
    3. if the issue persist  access device Manager ( press and hold Win + X  and choose device manager )
    4.  Under networks, please uninstall the ethernet drivers ( Do not check the box to delete driver software )
    5. Restart the device