LCD cable

Options
faethonspell
faethonspell Member Posts: 10 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an V3-571g i7 with 730gt nvidia. When I press power button the laptop does not turn on. The orange indicator turns on showing that battery is charging. The blue indicator turns also and remains steady (it turns off only if I press power button for 5 seconds). Fans start working for a second and then stop. Nothing else. My question is: Could the lcd cable-which seems to have been destroyed- be responsible for it? In other words, could a faulty lcd screen cable prevent laptop from turning on? I mean that it does not turn on at all, not turning on and hearing sounds and being just unable to see anything on screen. I would like to mention that i have tried everything (reseating ram modules, taking out battery, clearing cmos, pressimg power button without battery to drain all energy, even connecting laptop with hdmi to tv screen) but nothing helped.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Options
    Make sure you try to turn the screen on with the Fn+F6 or Fn+F5 toggle key combos. If that doesn't work, then try to HDMI out to a TV, again using the toggle key combos to turn the TV screen on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• faethonspell
    Options
    It didn' t help!
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Could the lcd cable-which seems to have been destroyed- be responsible for it?

Why do you say "seems to have been destroyed"? Destroyed by what? Was there an accident involving the LCD cover and hinges? The fact that HDMI out to a TV screen also didn't work suggests that the graphics adapter also has a problem. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• faethonspell
    Options
    The lcd cable seems to have been destroyed in appearence. It is due to the fact that I have opened the laptop case too many times and some wires seem not to be in a good condition. I also know that the video & cam ribbon cable follows a very tight path through the hinge and if there is a problem with the wire it may interfere with the rest of the system. Laptop (not only screen) seems not know that the power button has been pressed and stays in sleep mode. 

• faethonspell
    Options
    I have even brought a new motherboard to solve the problem, but the same result. Blue and orange indicators are lightening, but nothing else happens in both motherboards. Therefore, there is not a motherboard issue. Something else is responsible.
  • faethonspell
    Options
    Could it be lid sensor? And where it is located in this machine?

• JackE
    Options
    Did you also install a new lcd flex cable? If yes, and it still doesn't work, did you also try to HDMI out to a TV screen to check the graphics adapter? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• faethonspell
    Options
    I tried HDMI ut to a TV screen but nothing happend because the laptop is actually turned off

• JackE
    Options
    Even when the charging and power LEDs are lit? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• faethonspell
    Options
    No I have not changed lcd flex cable. Just installed a new power button

• faethonspell
    Options
    Even when charging and power LEd are lit, laptop seems not to turn on but stay in sleepy mode