Sound effects missing on Acer Swift 3

Options
douchebag89
douchebag89 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am trying to turn on the loudness equalization on my Acer Swift 3, but this option is not available when I click on the 'Enhancements' tab of my playback device (Realtek High Definition Audio).

The sound effects tab is also missing when I open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

I have already reinstalled the latest Realtek audio drivers from Acer's website, but the sound effects / loundness equalization option is still missing. Please help!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    douchebag89 

Please go to the downloaded driver file and go to the DAX3, open x64 folder and run the dax3 application file. Restart your computer and check the 'Enhancements' tab of the playback device (Realtek High Definition Audio).

Please post back the result.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • douchebag89
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Can you please specify where exactly I should find this DAX3 file? I tried searching for it on my C drive but there is no exe file that I can execute, only an sdf file.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Can you please specify where exactly I should find this DAX3 file? I tried searching for it on my C drive but there is no exe file that I can execute, only an sdf file.
    Please select the model and download the Realtek audio drivers from Acer's website. Open the downloaded folder and you will see the DAX3 folder.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • douchebag89
    Options
    Having this error when I try what you have suggested.

Help!
  • douchebag89
    Options
    Can someone help me please? The Enhancements tab is there when I uninstall the Realtek drivers and rely on the default windows drivers, but it disappears when I install the latest Realtek drivers downloaded from the Acer website.
  • Ronnyy
    Ronnyy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    so the problem is with acer drivers that they provide for this laptop if you install audio driver from swift 3 SF315-41G it works flawlessly but windows will reinstall your old driver :( back. i guess only way our laptop problem can be solved is when acer officially update drivers for our laptop.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018
    Options

My experience is that if you do a manual install of a device driver, it will stay there.

OTOH, you might look here:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-disable-windows-updates-automatic-device-driver-updates-in-windows-10/

• Ronnyy
    Options
    i tried disabling that but for some reason i don't know how windows install its version or drivers as soon as you connect to internet.     
  • douchebag89
    Options
    to other Swift 3 users: Do you have the option to turn on loudness equalization?
  • Ronnyy
    Options
    i think something called intel sst is causing the problem.
  • Mpegleris
    Mpegleris Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    loudness equalization works only with regular Windows audio drivers. When I install the latest drivers (2018/03/20) from Acer they don't have this function at all. yes its strange. Also. My Swift 3 sf315-41 have Acer TrueHarmony sticker BUT the drivers don't support it. Not appears it at all3. I think they have to correct the Realteak audio drivers to support correctly our hardware with all functions they supposed to have.
  • Senpaihitesh
    Senpaihitesh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Try installing FX Enhancer (previously known as DFX). I used the drivers came with the device it worked but I got the similar issues after sometime.
    FX Enhancer have different modes & is much better than the stock one in my opinion.
  • IrenaBosworth
    IrenaBosworth Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I have this same problem on my brand new laptop which I purchased yesterday. I am not happy at all to discover this error and I think that waiting for Acer to fix the problem is totally unacceptable. When I read the item description it said nothing about having to purchase other software to allow me to change the sound