CB3 111 wont charge..

Mswalleye
Mswalleye Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I happened to run out of battery, went to plug in .. no luck.  Searched online and tried a suggestion of unplugging battery, hold power button seconds, replug in battery ... and it worked.  This time around I had 30 minutes left and then it died again.  This time the battery disconnect did not work.  I have tried the hard reboot, plugging and unplugging etc ... no luck.  I have had this chromebook for 3 years now, it has been great .. no issues ... until I ran it dry.  Any suggestions?  thanks

Answers

• Mswalleye
    Mswalleye Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have an Acer Chromebook 11 .. CB3-111.  I see it says I posted in Aspire Desktops?  If I posted in the wrong spot .. sorry.
  • thamahes1
    thamahes1 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

HI Dear, I would recommend you to change the battery  and the charger.
  • AntoJoseph
    AntoJoseph Member Posts: 83 Fixer WiFi Icon
    You have to perform a power reset, Disconnect the adapter, Press and hold the power button for 15 to 30 seconds, Then connect the adapter and turn on the laptop
  • phxbarb
    phxbarb Member Posts: 2 New User
    I already changed the charger. The power reset does nothing. Is this the endlife of this computer?
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    phxbarb said:
    I already changed the charger. The power reset does nothing. Is this the endlife of this computer?
    The sealed battery need to be replaced in your computer. Contact Acer Technical Support team in your region https://www.acer.com/worldwide/
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)