Predator X34A Screen cycles through solid colours when starting up and menu issues.

wiremash
wiremash Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Hi all, 

Yesterday, I accidentally triggered some sort of menu on my X34A monitor, it looked like a developer menu (had a lot more options, was bigger and didn't look like the usual menu), I didn't get a good look at it but I must have toggled something while trying to close it (it appeared near the top left of my screen), and ever since then my monitor has been starting up after cycling through some colours. The menu now also appears in that near top left corner (not edge) of the screen, making it hard to use the buttons as they're not aligned with the icons. What menu did I open up? I tried to open it again by randomly pressing buttons but couldn't replicate it. I would like the menu back in its normal position if possible and the startup back to normal, thanks.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    wiremash 

>>This could be an issue with incorrect user profile.
    Press the MENU key to open the OSD. Choose Game mode or scenario mode
    Please choose game mode(G1, G2, G3) to try different user-defined profile 
    Try scenario mode for User, Standard, ECO, Graphics, Movie

>>You can also press the MENU key to open the OSD. Using the ▲/▼ keys, select Information to view the basic information for your monitor and current input. Select Reset to reset the custom color settings to the factory defaults.

>>If still unable to make changes, please perform a power reset.
    Power Off the monitor, disconnect the power and video cable, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Re-connect and check the issue.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    wiremash 

>>You can also press the MENU key to open the OSD. Using the ▲/▼ keys, select Information to view the basic information for your monitor and current input. Select Reset to reset the custom color settings to the factory defaults.

Power Off the monitor, disconnect the power and video cable, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Re-connect and check the issue.

• wiremash
    Sharanji said:
    wiremash 

Changing the mode to standard from user worked, however is there any information regarding the menu I opened? I noticed that when the screen goes to sleep it starts cycling through the colours as well.
  • wiremash
    edited April 2018
    wiremash said:
    Sharanji said:
    wiremash 

Changing the mode to standard from user worked, however is there any information regarding the menu I opened? I noticed that when the screen goes to sleep it starts cycling through the colours as well.

Edit: Actually, it didn't work. I turned my monitor on and off to check the issue after changing the mode and it didn't go through the cycle so I thought it worked, but when the screen went to sleep it started doing the colour cycles again. I have done a power reset using the method you've described, however the issue still persists. I marked the reply as an answer when I meant to press "Like", sorry if I was too careless, I'm still new to these forums. Is there any way to undo that action?

Edit2: Nevermind, doing a reset fixed it, I should've done that before attempting a power reset. Thanks for the help, though I would like to know more about that menu. Perhaps some other time.
  • Sharanji
    wiremash said:
    wiremash said:

Edit: Actually, it didn't work. I turned my monitor on and off to check the issue after changing the mode and it didn't go through the cycle so I thought it worked, but when the screen went to sleep it started doing the colour cycles again. I have done a power reset using the method you've described, however the issue still persists. I marked the reply as an answer when I meant to press "Like", sorry if I was too careless, I'm still new to these forums. Is there any way to undo that action?

Edit2: Nevermind, doing a reset fixed it, I should've done that before attempting a power reset. Thanks for the help, though I would like to know more about that menu. Perhaps some other time.

Glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem :)