BIOS Upgrade for PO1-A3 Acer Aspire X3950

rm_beginner
rm_beginner Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Dear All,
I have issue in BIOS Upgrade for PO1-A3 Acer Aspire X3950  when I downloaded the file I encounter Error: Loading driver see attached picture. I run cmd as administrator and run the program still the same issue. Please advice Thank you.

The link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/2187?b=1 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    rm_beginner 

Have you tried to install BIOS updae from inside windows OS.
    Try the below mentioned steps.
    Copy Afuwin.EXE and target BIOS rom file and “WINFlash. bat “ into the tool folder  
    Enter tool folder and run “WINFlash. bat “ ,make sure the AFUWIN.EXE tool version is v4.38 or later.   
    Choose “Allow” to continue flashing BIOS. Finish flashing BIOS. Restart OS. 
    Press ” Del “ to enter “ SETUP ”. Choose “Load Default Settings” and press “Enter” key. 
    Choose “OK” and press “Enter” key. Choose “Save & Exit Setup” and press “Enter” key. 
    Choose “OK” and press “Enter” key.   Flashing BIOS is finished. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Gerhardoni
    Gerhardoni Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2019
    Hello, I have the same problem at my AX3950. Tried it several times to update my bios with exactly this procedure, but hat every time the sam problem. 
    I try to solve the RAM detection ( 16 gb installed and only 8 are visible in the task manager, remaining 3,2 gb usable) 
    Is the Bios update benefical or useful for this RAM Topic? 
    Shall I keep the Bios at the current version P01-A2 oder is the P01-A3 better for useing  the higher RAM Volume?  

Best Regards 

Edited the content to hide personal information
    Acer-Samuel   

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    I see no reason to update the BIOS at this point, after all they are 8-10 years old. :) The issue you are running into with only seeing 8GB of ram is due to the motherboard chipset. It only recognizes up to 8GB on that motherboard, typically maxed out with four 2GB modules. If you are running a 32 bit OS that would explain the 3.2GB usable, you need a 64 bit OS to see more than 4GB and the 32 bit OSes also reserve some space for themselves, leaving less than the 4GB available. Are you running XP, W7 or something newer?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.