Acer won't turn on any fixes?

GARRY3
GARRY3 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2018 in Aspire Laptops
Ok so I don't know what happened but my laptop has a blue light on it but it isn't showing anything and it isn't turning on or off any solution?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Do you know the ACER model number that you have? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GARRY3
    GARRY3 Member Posts: 5 New User
    It is a Acer aspire ES1-533
  • JackE
    Press & hold the power button for about 5 seconds. All the LEDs should then be off. Press the power button once to re-start. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Busymom7
    Busymom7 Member Posts: 2 New User
     My laptop shows a blue light, But don’t turn on. I held the power button and the light still don’t go off, Nor will it turn on. It’s an Es1-512 series. Any suggestions?
  • JackE
    Busymom7  Remove the charger plug. Then gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the laptop for about 10 seconds. Then let the machine rest for 15 minutes. Then plug the charger back in and turn the machine on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Busymom7
    Busymom7 Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Busymom7  Remove the charger plug. Then gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the laptop for about 10 seconds. Then let the machine rest for 15 minutes. Then plug the charger back in and turn the machine on. Jack E/NJ

Thank You JackE for you help.
  • Newalex
    Newalex Member Posts: 4 New User
    JackE said:
    Do you know the ACER model number that you have? Jack E/NJ
    Hey JackE I have a acer apare e1 series model V5WE2 
    and is show a blue light But is not turning on
    Please help me 
  • Newalex
    Newalex Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi I have a laptop aspire E1 series model V5WE2 When you press the salt button, a blue light comes on but does not light nothing happens please help me !
    @egydiocoelho
    @JackE
  • JackE
    Remove the charger. On the bottom, use a ball point pen the slide the battery door latch and remove the door. Disconnect the battery for 10 seconds. Then reconnect the battery and put the door back. Try to start it again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FadaChung
    FadaChung Member Posts: 1 New User
    Acer Aspire ES1-533 series 
    model number- N16C1
    My laptop won’t turn on. Plugged in the charger and the light came up. But when I pressed the power button the power light just blinks and goes away. And there’s no option to take out the battery because it built inside the computer. 

• JackE
    To remove/replace the battery pack, you must remove the HDD and RAM modules, 15 screws on the bottom cover and separate it from the top  cover. Then disconnect a ribbon cable that passes over the battery pack. Then lift the battery out. New battery pack is about $30USD. Google es1-333 and battery for vendors convenient to your location. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Marsonluke
    Marsonluke Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi @JackE,

I also have a Acer Aspire e15 es1-512 that when I turn it on the power led just flashes blue every 5 or so seconds. It sounds like the system is trying to start up however it doesn't. I've tried resetting the battery using the paper clip, removing the bartery and holding down the power button for 30 seconds and even replacing the battery however it's still the same. I know it's an old laptop but feels such as waste as it was working perfectly fine. Hope you can help! 
  • JackE
    Disconnect the battery from the mainboard and see if it'll boot on the charger alone. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Marsonluke

Tinkerer

I've tried that but unfortunately it still does the same thing.. the blue power led just flashes on every five seconds
  • JackE
    OK. If the battery still has enough charge, does it still flash without the charger plugged in? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Marsonluke

Tinkerer

I've re attached the battery and unplugged the charger and it still flashes.
  • JackE
    OK. Unplug the charger. Open the HDD/RAM door and remove a RAM module. Then plug the charger and battery back in. What happens now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Marsonluke

Tinkerer

Hi sorry for the delayed response, I took out the RAM and it manages to start up, well go further then it does. I have purchased a replacement Ram. Put the new RAM in but it just reverts back to what it was originally doing.
  • JackE
    What is the replacement RAM module manufacturer and model number. A phone photo of both the new and old RAM labels would be helpful. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Marsonluke

Tinkerer

blue is the new RAM