XB271HU Windows 10 Compatibility

Options
dustin45
dustin45 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
I'm very interested in buying the XB271HU monitor as it meets the criteria for what I'm looking to upgrade to. What I can't get a clear answer on is whether or not it will work and be usable as advertised with Windows 10 as the drivers available are only up to Windows 8. I have seen a few threads saying that the drivers for Windows 8 should work the same on Windows 10 but as the threads don't actually have a response from ACER staff confirming this I'm pretty skeptical. If there is a mod or support staff that can confirm full Windows 10 support/compatibility I would appreciate it!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @dustin45 No one can give you a 100% guarantee that ***any driver**** for ***any piece of hardware*** from ***any mfr*** that now works correctly & fully with the current Win10 version will continue to do so with the next major Win10update.  The new and unimproved Win10 lifecycle policies are unlike any previous Windows version that you may be familiar with.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet   If I was as interested as you seem to be in this monitor, I'd probably try it out, install the Win8.1 driver in compatibility mode, and hope for the best that the next major Win10 update due later this year won't mess up the monitor --- or my computer! Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• PharaoahMonk
    PharaoahMonk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, personally I got this monitor and I have some issues with it and my nvidia 1080 TI on windows 10 Pro. somehow my 1080TI forces to install some hdmi drivers that windows doesn t want and it makes windows stuck and freeze. in device manager, i try to unninstall the monitor audio output because i don't want to use it, i only use headphones, but it still makes problems, trying to overwrite it and installs it back..but when i switched to my onboard gpu, it runs without any problems so it's something with 1080TI and nvidia. i can't figure out what. i'm trying everything but it creates some drivers issues. any idea what? i thought it was the audio drivers but windows doesn't mind them in the onboard gpu mode. it's only when i switch to PCI mode my 1080TI gives headaches.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options
    PharaoahMonkWhere did you get the nvidia driver? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ