Updating Drivers on G9-791

Options
Lilextreme
Lilextreme Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have the Predator G9-791 with Win10 64bit and I installed the latest graphics driver from Nvidia but now my brightness control won't work. I've already tried updating with Acer.com's drivers but it just made it worse. Should I also update the driver from Intel site also? Which would it be? 

My PC says Graphics Device 1 is Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 & Graphics Device 2 is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 
16gb RAM 

any help appreciated! 

Best Answer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I realize this post is old but I didn't want to create a new post Since i have same pc with another Nvidia update problem. 
    Hopefully someone will see this and I don't think the acer drivers are relevant any longer so can anyone tell me if I should still uninstall both the Intel & Nvidia drivers, where to get a DDU tool & how to properly update? 
    My 2nd monitor stops working & Dolby sound disappears whenever I update Nvidia drivers. Also now it tells me that I don't even have a nvidia graphics card when clicking on it in device manager.
    Thank you in advance for any help with this. 
    1. Whats the error code shown for NVidia card in Device Manager?
    2. Update your Intel HD Graphics using its HWID and searching it in Microsoft Catalog. Choose the latest one and install it manually.
    3. Install the Acer provided sound driver again and then use its HWID in Microsoft Catalog. Install the latest one.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    I suggest to download a DDU(display driver uninstaller) tool and delete both nvidia and intel graphics drivers. Download nvidia 390.77 as many users have reported bugs with 391.01. There is a hotfix for 391.01, which is 391.05, so you can try that as well. Download the Intel driver from Acer's driver page for your device.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Lilextreme
    Options
    I realize this post is old but I didn't want to create a new post Since i have same pc with another Nvidia update problem. 
    Hopefully someone will see this and I don't think the acer drivers are relevant any longer so can anyone tell me if I should still uninstall both the Intel & Nvidia drivers, where to get a DDU tool & how to properly update? 
    My 2nd monitor stops working & Dolby sound disappears whenever I update Nvidia drivers. Also now it tells me that I don't even have a nvidia graphics card when clicking on it in device manager.
  • XdxD
    Answer ✓
    Options
    2. Update your Intel HD Graphics using its HWID and searching it in Microsoft Catalog. Choose the latest one and install it manually.
    3. Install the Acer provided sound driver again and then use its HWID in Microsoft Catalog. Install the latest one.
  • Lilextreme
    Options
    XdxD said:

i was able to reinstall Nvidia driver after uninstalling with DDU so no error but still no 2nd display. I tried searching Microsoft Catalog for Intel driver but 1st HWID (there are 4) shows no results. The 2nd one shows some though. Hopefully that works as well? 
    The other stuff I'm still getting to but I appreciate help this far … thank you. 
  • Lilextreme
    Options
    SORRY I clicked ACCEPTED ANSWER instead of LIKE 
  • XdxD
    Options
    SORRY I clicked ACCEPTED ANSWER instead of LIKE 
    Happens. Post your HWID here once.