Acer Aspire laptop slower internet after rebooting

juliannn
juliannn Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello guys. Recently is was having lagg during small games like Runescape and internet was runnning a bit slowly. This happened pretty out of the sudden. I tried to fix it by completely reboot the laptop. After the reboot the internet is even slower. Now it is impossible to play games like Runescape and watching Youtube and Netflix is also very hard. I already searched on internet for a solution, but I couldn't find any. I updated all my drivers and reduced the amount of programs autimatically starting when I turn my laptop on. Can somebody help me?

this are my specs:

operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, build 16299
System model: Aspire ES1-520
Bios:V1.05
processor: AMD A4-5000 APU With Radeon(TM) HD Graphics (4 CPU), 1,5Ghz
Memory: 8192 MB RAM
Page file: 3352 MB used, 5486 MB available

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited March 2018

juliannn 

Start by running the Internet connections troubleshooter. Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot Select Internet connections Click Run the Troubleshooter When complete, restart then see if its working again.

Which Antivirus utility to do you have installed? Have you tried disabling it temporarily and see if they work?

Press Windows key + X Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    At the command prompt, enter the following command, the hit
    Enter ipconfig/release then ipconfig/renew then ipconfig/flushdns
    Exit the command prompt If the problem persist, try resetting your router if you are connected one.
    Power down the router, disconnect it, wait 10 mins Reconnect it, power up again

If the issue persists, install Wireless Driver again : Download
    Also, check if your device has the latest version of BIOS.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • juliannn
    Hey man,

Thanks for your reply, I already installed the newest drivers and did the troubleshooter, didn't work unfortunately. It isn 't a problem with the connection neither, because I am lagging at every connection. I was also thinking about the BIOS. However, I don't know if my version is up to date and how to update it. 
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    juliannn 
    Hit Windows key+R, type “msinfo32” into the Run box, and then hit Enter. 
    The BIOS version number is displayed on the System Summary pane. Look at the “BIOS Version/Date” field.
    The latest version avaliable for your model if 
    1.06   Download
    If not updated, download and run the application file to update BIOS. Also, close all application and keep the charger plugged in during BIOS update.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • juliannn
    Hey,

Thanks man, I updated the BIOS. Unfortunately, nothing has changed yet. It is still lagging. I use Malwarebytes and Windows Defender by the way.