Acer Predator Z35P chirping Sound through DisplayPort

dannysun
dannysun Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Help: My Acer Predator Z35P produces a weird chirping sound output through DisplayPort whenever I startup my PC after a while turned off (like heard in the Video). After a while it vanishes (timestamp 00:20), but comes back, when I turn the PC off and on after a while. Changed GFX-Card: Nothing, Changed Monitor (got a new one from the dealer): Nothing. DisplayPort Cable came new with every Monitor. No Problems with HDMI, but then: No GSync available. No problems with Bluetooth-Sound. Anybody had same problems? Any advice?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHZJRK1sZ1w

Best Answer

• dannysun

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    JackE said:
    Does chirping relate to CPU/GPU usage when it happens and when it doesn't? Jack E/NJ
    Sent the Monitor to Acer: They upgraded the Firmware. Problem solved. But I can't find any Firmware Update online. Strange. But nevertheless: Problem solved.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    @dannysun >>> Changed GFX-Card:>>>>

From what to what? What computer mfr model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dannysun

Tinkerer

Changed a MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti with a Zotac Amp! Extreme 1080 Ti . So same Chipset, but different Brand. But was of no use.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Does chirping relate to CPU/GPU usage when it happens and when it doesn't? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dannysun

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    JackE said:
    Sent the Monitor to Acer: They upgraded the Firmware. Problem solved. But I can't find any Firmware Update online. Strange. But nevertheless: Problem solved.