Gateway DX4860 stuck during recovery

JimMcKillip
JimMcKillip Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
Windows 10 update version 1709 caused this system to loop trying to recover to prior Windows version.  I finally went back to recover using Gateway Recovery Management v8.3.1to restore. It runs, gets to 100% recovery, 99% updated, and stalls.  How can I get past this?

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    JimMcKillip If you have created OS backup, I  recommend you to format the HDD completely and then try loading the OS using created OS backup. That should work. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• AntoJoseph
    AntoJoseph Member Posts: 83 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited April 2018

Try to reinstall the recovery media, Completely format HDD to reinstall the recovery media.

You need to format a hard drive if you plan on using it in Windows.

To format a hard drive means to delete any information on the drive and to set up a file system so your operating system can read data from, and write data to, the drive.

As complicated as that might sound, it's not really difficult to format a hard drive in any version of Windows. This ability is a very basic function that all operating systems have, and Windows makes it pretty easy.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! :)

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!