The battery on my Acer Aspire One model # AO756-2899 has never taken or held a charge.Any ideas?

Options
jhgrn1257
jhgrn1257 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

I have upgraded the bios to v109 and rebooted afterword. I still get a message that says 0 % available, plugged in, not charging. There is also a flashing orange light on the front of the netbook

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Is this the original battery that's never taken or hel a charge? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    jhgrn1257 

Does the laptop work fine when the battery is removed and only AC adapter is plugged in?

Please do try these steps that may help.
    >Remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the charger and power it on. Once it's on plug the battery in and see if it will charge normally.
    >Do test the AC adapter using a multi meter and see if it's giving enough voltage to power and charger the laptop.
    >Lastly, try another AC adapter and see if the same problem will persist.

If the battery still does not charge, Open device manager click “Battery” and under Battery, please click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Now, do a right click on it, then click “Uninstall”. Confirm that you would like to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. After the uninstallation process, please restart your computer. As soon as you restart your computer, the Windows will automatically install the driver again. Please check your battery icon on the right bottom side of your Windows screen to see if it is charging.

If your laptop's battery refuses to charge, even after removing and reinstalling it, you may need to purchase a replacement battery. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!