Help using the Oculus with USB Hub with Predator Helios 3000

DMB41
DMB41 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I didn't realize the computer only came with one 3.0 usb hub.  I use a laptop docking station which requires the use of the USB port.  I bought a powered USB 3.0 hub from Best Buy and it seemed to work fine with my Oculus, but I would like to know if there are any better options out there.  There's a usb-c port that is not being used.  Can I buy a usb-c hub and use the Rift through that?  Or, is there are better 3.0 hub to use?  I'll also be using powered extension cables for the sensors.  Ideas?  

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>Can I buy a usb-c hub and use the Rift through that? >>>

Sure but what's the issue now if it's working fine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DMB41
    DMB41 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    I  should have mentioned that when it worked fine, I meant that "it did work", but it required that I could only plug one sensor in the actual laptop 3.0, one in the hub, and one in a 2.0.  The hub isn't powerful enough to do anything more.  I want to add several other things such as a third sensor, and definitely at least one external 3.0 drive.  

I think I found the solution though.  I bought a USB C-B.  It's an Anker 10 port high powered hub and I'm able to power all sensors, and an external without any issues so far.  Now my problem is going to be trying to figure out what to do with these high temps I'm getting on the Predator. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    How high is high? If the CPU's less than 95°C, it's not even smoking yet. :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ