Acer Nitro 5 Battery Drains extremely fast

jy
jy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2021 in Nitro Gaming
So recently I bought the acer nitro 5 laptop. However the battery drains at an extremely fast rate like around 2 - 3% per to 2 mins. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my laptop. It drains even when I am not gaming and just looking through things on the internet..

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    jy 

Battery Report can also show you your recent usage statistics. There’s also Battery capacity history section so you can easily view how your full charge capacity changes over time.
    Open Command Prompt as administrator. To do that, press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin). When Command Prompt opens, enter powercfg /batteryreport command and run it.
    From this section you can see how much time your device spent using a battery or wall outlet.

Open the Device Manager. Under "Batteries" you should see three items, one for the battery, another for the charger, and a third listed as "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery". Open each item, which will bring up a Properties window. Under the "Driver" tab, you'll see a button labeled "Update Driver." Go through the driver update process for all three. Once the drivers are all up to date, reboot the laptop and plug it in again. If this doesn't resolve the problem, uninstall "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" completely and reboot.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Ndlive
    Ndlive Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, im from Indonesia, 
    I have Acer nitro 5 with i57300hq, gtx1050 256gb ssd samsung p951 + 1tb toshiba hdd.
    I used it around 2 months, the battery drained so quick (around 2 hours) idle, it was drive me crazy... but then i installed additional usb laptop vacuum/coller at the back of the laptop, its only $3, it does help a lot, now my laptop will drain 4-5 hours idle just as acer advertise.
    I think theres an issue with the acer nitro 5 cooling system not the battery... 
    Hope this will help...
  • Ndlive
    Ndlive Member Posts: 2 New User
    acer nitro 5 with usb vacuum cooler
  • mehradzf
    mehradzf Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Sharanji said:
    jy 

Battery Report can also show you your recent usage statistics. There’s also Battery capacity history section so you can easily view how your full charge capacity changes over time.
    Open Command Prompt as administrator. To do that, press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin). When Command Prompt opens, enter powercfg /batteryreport command and run it.
    From this section you can see how much time your device spent using a battery or wall outlet.

Open the Device Manager. Under "Batteries" you should see three items, one for the battery, another for the charger, and a third listed as "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery". Open each item, which will bring up a Properties window. Under the "Driver" tab, you'll see a button labeled "Update Driver." Go through the driver update process for all three. Once the drivers are all up to date, reboot the laptop and plug it in again. If this doesn't resolve the problem, uninstall "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" completely and reboot.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    when i uninstall the driver, i have to restart right? and then what do i do, does windows download the drivers for me or what?
  • RapidBeef
    RapidBeef Member Posts: 4 New User
    Also try windows + x and go to admin command prompt but try "powercfg /energy" I had the same problem and found out that the corsair utility engine was grinding my battery and now I have 4x better battery.
  • Bhuvan
    Bhuvan Member Posts: 2 New User
    RapidBeef said:
    Also try windows + x and go to admin command prompt but try "powercfg /energy" I had the same problem and found out that the corsair utility engine was grinding my battery and now I have 4x better battery.
    Hi can you please explain in detail?
  • Bhuvan
    Bhuvan Member Posts: 2 New User
    @RapidBeef I am also experiencing battery issue, also I am a newbie so don't know much about command prompts and other things. Can you please explain it step wise,it would be of great help.

• rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    edited June 2020
    right click on start menu, windows power shell (admin),  and paste the command "powercfg /energy", without quote, of course. 
  • KuraIHane
    KuraIHane Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Ndlive said:
    Hi, im from Indonesia, 
    I have Acer nitro 5 with i57300hq, gtx1050 256gb ssd samsung p951 + 1tb toshiba hdd.
    I used it around 2 months, the battery drained so quick (around 2 hours) idle, it was drive me crazy... but then i installed additional usb laptop vacuum/coller at the back of the laptop, its only $3, it does help a lot, now my laptop will drain 4-5 hours idle just as acer advertise.
    I think theres an issue with the acer nitro 5 cooling system not the battery... 
    Hope this will help...
    yang bener bang klo masalah ny di cooling nya ??, btw sorry udh ber tahun tahun , gua jg punya seri nitro 5 dan kendala yang sama