Problem with Windows 10 (home version) update in ACER SW1-011

Options
gbas4nie
gbas4nie Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I've just bought ACER Switch One 10 (SW1-011) With Windows 10 Home as its original OS. The problem is it has only 2Gb of RAM and running windows10 causes slow booting and reduces the speed incredibly. I cannot also update the OS since about 6Gb of free space is needed for the update, whereas the remaining space in C: is less than 6 GB (The maximum space of C (SSD) is only 32 GB, while I cannot save the OS or run it in D (removable keyboard and hard disk) which is much bigger in storage (500Gb). Thus, the removable hard disk remain vacant, while the main storage in C is limited. Is there any way I can install the older version of Windows as my operating system by using my original activation code (which unfortunately I do not know since I bought it online and the vendor did not send me the Windows activation code together with the product). Tks for your help and recommendation.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    I suggest that you first try to update Win10 again by inserting a 16GB or higher USB stick or SD card to use as ***temporary storage*** for the update process to successfully complete. You may have to re-format the stick to NTFS from the usual FAT32. The Windows activation code is embedded in your system. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zuly
    zuly Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    hola cual es el límite de la memoria sd que puedo utilizar en esta acer sw1-011
  • zuly
    zuly Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    zuly said:
    hola cual es el límite de la memoria sd que puedo utilizar en esta acer sw1-011
    memoria sd o micro sd,
    ya que quiciera aprovechar al máximo debido a que no tengo mucho espacio en almacenamiento
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    MicroSD card. 16 or 32GB. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ