Acer Switch 3 touch screen turns off when touched

sparky478
sparky478 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello, I have a brand new Acer Switch 3 touch screen laptop.  Whenever I touch the touch the touch screen, the screen turns off.  When I touch it again, it turns on.  Is this normal?

Best Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    sparky478  

What is the full model number of your Switch tablet?
    This could be caused by some updates?
    Does this happen at the windows login screen? 

Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard. 
    Turn the unit off, Remove the charger, Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds, Reconnect the charger, Turn the unit on as normal and check the touchscreen

If the issue persists, download the Video and Chipset drivers for the unit 
    Chipset Driver : Download

Display Driver : Download

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• sparky478
    Answer ✓
    1. Hello Sharanji, thank you for this information.  Basically what I did to fix this problem was to run the "Run Troubleshooting" on the Acer Switch 3 and after I did that, the problem of the screen shutting off after I touched it stopped.  This website here helped me to:  https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-touchscreen-windows-10/

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    sparky478  

What is the full model number of your Switch tablet?
    This could be caused by some updates?
    Does this happen at the windows login screen? 

Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard. 
    Turn the unit off, Remove the charger, Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds, Reconnect the charger, Turn the unit on as normal and check the touchscreen

If the issue persists, download the Video and Chipset drivers for the unit 
    Chipset Driver : Download

Display Driver : Download

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• sparky478
    Answer ✓
    1. Hello Sharanji, thank you for this information.  Basically what I did to fix this problem was to run the "Run Troubleshooting" on the Acer Switch 3 and after I did that, the problem of the screen shutting off after I touched it stopped.  This website here helped me to:  https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-touchscreen-windows-10/