Predator X34 P flickering

AdiSieb
AdiSieb Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Just bought a Predator X34 P monitor and after installing the monitor have noticed that it flickers after about 2 min of use. I am using DiplayPort as HDMI cables could not achieve the resolution of 3440 x 1440 and when the screen flickers (the whole screen blacks out momentarily) the DP icon appears in the top right corner as if had lost connection. This reoccurs every 3-5 min, whether i'm in game or not. 

My Rig: 2 x GeForce GTX1080
Processor: Intel COre i7-6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz
Windows 10
Nvidia drivers: Version 391.01

I've tried to bringing the Refresh rate down ( and have synced with the Nvidia Control Panel) but despite this it persists. Switched DP cables, disabled GSync, reconfigured the SLI, and have already checked an tried a couple of the suggestions others made in the past (updated drivers, disabled Overclocking), but nothing has worked yet. Any suggestions of what to try here.

Answers

• AdiSieb
    AdiSieb Member Posts: 2 New User
    So i have a small correction at the moment. It would seem the flickering only starts after i start a game, thereafter it happens on both the game and in the general programs. Again tried to disable G-Sync, but it has had no effect as of yet. Is anyone else getting this problem, and better yet has someone got a solution? 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>HDMI cables could not achieve the resolution >>>>

OK. But what happens when you do HDMI out albeit at lower resolution? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ezzyduzzit
    Ezzyduzzit Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2019
    I just started having the same problem with this monitor I bought recently, is there a known fix for this?   I disabled the Extreme settings and disabled the Overclock and it stopped flickering.  I'm using DP for input.  Not sure why it starting doing this all of a sudden, is it defective?
  • smahar
    smahar Member Posts: 2 New User
    I've got the same issue.  I bought an Acer Predator X34 monitor and after about 6 months it started to flicker.

I currently have it connected via HDMI to my laptop (an Acer Predator Helios 300).  The DP is not connected.
    It's not my video card (GTX 1060) or Windows, it's the monitor itself.
    If I use the OSD to switch the source to DP. It pops up a dialog box saying "no signal" but continues to flicker.

The flicker happens every 3 seconds and flashes for a few milliseconds.  It looks like it's trying to display something but it gets overwritten immediately.

Disconnecting from power and plugging it back in does nothing.
  • smahar
    smahar Member Posts: 2 New User
    *** Solution ***

Ok, I think I fixed the flickering.

I was right, it wasn't my graphics card/computer or some configuration in Windows.

Neither was it my Acer Predator X34 monitor.

It was "dirty" power from my utility.  I bought a UPS to clean up the power and voila the flickering is gone.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Great to know, dirty power can be one of the hardest problems to diagnose.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.