What to do with broken Acer Liquid Z320

BarryP
BarryP Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
I have been using my Z320 for about 2 years. It was pretty cheap ($99 CAD) and was happy.

However, yesterday my phone froze and crashed. When I turned it back on, all my memory is gone and everything got deleted. 

The WiFi doesnt turn on and it says I only have 10 kb left even when I delete and disable most of the pre-downloaded apps.

I realised that my phone is un-usable and is basically a vegetable.

Instead of giving it to someone or recycling.

I'm guessing my phone OS is corrupted or broken and I probably need to flash a new OS

Anybody know what to do or what I can do with the phone?

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Hi @ BarryP 

Please try to perform a factory reset on your phone.
    At first, switch off the device hold down the Power key for a short while.
    In the next step press and hold together the Volume Up + Power button for several seconds.
    When the Boot Mode appears release all keys.
    Then from the menu on the screen select option Recovery, by using Volume Up to scroll and Volume Down key to confirm.
    When an Android Image displays on the screen press the Power button to enter Recovery Mode.
    Use Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power button to confirm.
    Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume buttons to scroll and Power rocker to choose.
    To restart the tablet, select "reboot system now".

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Before planning to reset, i would suggest you to check what is causing the trouble because these problems might be reoccurring.

As per the model number this device comes with 1GB RAM which is very low if you are using high end apps ( gaming.. etc) adding to this the internal storage of this device is 8GB among this half of the space is occupied by OS, apps and cache. 

All the android devices freezes depending upon day to day usage. So, if your device is booting then please try below steps to check for root cause
    1. go to settings 
    2. under Apps (it would list as Running )
    3. check the RAM usage and if you think its more than 80% then uninstall a few unnecessary apps
    4. try downloading Clear Master from play store ( please remember i'm not incorporated with this app )

this app would help to clear cache and boost your phone. hope this would help

Please remember resetting the device is never a permanent solution.