Is this cover by warranty. if not, how do I fix this?

Options
kimellana
kimellana Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
got my Acer Extensa 2519-p560 2 months ago. The first unit I got had LCD issue (there was a very tiny back spot on the bottom right of the screen) since the store where I bought it has 1 week replacement warranty, I was able to get a new one which is basically I had problems with. the first time I got the new unit, I already observed severe latency and assumed that it was because Windows wasn't updated yet and there are apps that should be installed. As soon as I updated Windows 10 and installed a few apps, nothing changed. It would take me like a minute to open a browser or any app. The latency was unbearable and I couldn't believe that this is the performance of a brand new laptop. So I returned to where I bought it and the technician did something and I thought that it has resolved the issue. Apparently, nothing was resolved. It's still the same very poor performance. I'm not that techy but I just trust my guts that there's something wrong with this unit. I went back to the store for the 2nd time and tried to explain to the technician that the latency of this laptop is not normal. I was able to explore and navigate the first unit I got from them and I never experienced such latency and the only problem was the LCD. I was told by the technician that this is really how the performance of this unit and he showed me the task manager for the disk running at 99%. I feel that there could be a virus or something. Is this still part if the warranty?If not, can this be fixed? How???

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I feel that there could be a virus or something. >>>

I think it's an "or something". Probably an anti-virus. You might first try at least disabling any non-Microsoft anti-virus --- may not be easy. If that doesn't help, then uninstall the antivirus software altogether if possible from Control Panel --- may not be easy either. Some antivirus software may require you to download an special uninstaller.  Windows Defender should be quite adequate without the need for additional non-Microsoft antivirus tools. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ