my aspire es11 has os windows 10. It keeps on updating automatically

apsdee
apsdee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
hii, my windows keeps on updating automatically and i manually turn it off every day.  And i also noticed that some other updates are also going on in the background because even when the windows updates is disabled, my internet data is getting consumed. And occasionally a message also pops up that windows is getting updated.Please help!!
I want to change the OS to windows 7 or 8 but i read that only windows 10 is compatible with this laptop. Is it true? Any suggestions how to stop all updates and save my internet data as my work requires that my laptop is connected to the internet and we get limited internet data.
Thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Due to Microsoft's new and unimproved lifecycle policies, there hasn't been much luck in controlling its heavy-handed Win10 update process. You might be able to achieve some temporary control with some inconvenient workaround Windows settings. You also might want to try a small download application that claims to make a temporary fix easier to do. Google "win update stop" with the quotes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DanAz
    DanAz Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My  quad-core Aspire X3400 desktop is in a loop:  start up/try to restore previous version/turn off/start up thanks to the latest Win 10 "Updates".  This is my working computer and I now have no access to the data on my hard drive.  According to Microsoft, it is a compatibility problem they created and the Microsoft tech referred me to Acer to fix it by giving me an updated BIOS.  What is Acer doing to solve this problem?????  

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    @DanAz Sorry. If it were mine, I'd update it back to Win7 ASAP while saving my personal files. That's if the Win10 installation hadn't also managed to destroy my hidden Win7 recovery partition. At least this way I'd have some assurance that my machine will be supported with maintenance updates till 2020 instead of being disabled when the next major Win10 update gets automatically downloaded and installed whether I like it or not. Even newer machines that came factory-loaded with earlier Win10 versions are being disabled or crippled with these rapid-fire updates. I had to install a newer Linux GUI version on my 2-year old Win10 machine to achieve some system stability for my own work. Jack E/NJ

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Jack E/NJ