Acer R3-131T-C6ZM No Display, Powers on.

Daebak
Daebak Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So the other day, my Surface Pro 4 got #flickergate. I sent it in for repair and it would take around 2 weeks.

I needed a laptop, so  i decided to buy a used Acer R3 for around $150.

It was working for the week until i ran a Windows Update and it decided to be stuck.
I left it overnight and the next morning, it won't wake up. The power light was solid and no response on the screen whatsoever.

I tried a power drain, power cycle, and BIOS flash*. Nothing.

*I only used the .fd file

Any ideas? I really liked this device...

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Daebak 

Please try to disconnect the HDD cable from the system and check if the device displays the BIOS screen.
    Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

If still no luck, disconnect the power and hold the power switch for about 30 seconds or less if something happens e.g. the power light goes out. Then try to reboot. If still no luck can repeat the boot > power switch abort. After three aborts it should open the repair screen. (tapping alt-F10 during boot should do the same thing).

• Daebak
    Hmm, tried that.. Powers on now, no display. Replaced the LCD with a working one, tried the HDMI port. Nothing. HDD spins and stops after a few mins...Sharanji said:
    Daebak 

Please try to disconnect the HDD cable from the system and check if the device displays the BIOS screen.
    Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Ordered a Motherboard from eBay as a donor board if i can learn anything from that.
  • Daebak
    padgett said:

If still no luck, disconnect the power and hold the power switch for about 30 seconds or less if something happens e.g. the power light goes out. Then try to reboot. If still no luck can repeat the boot > power switch abort. After three aborts it should open the repair screen. (tapping alt-F10 during boot should do the same thing)

That didn't do anything.. Sorry

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    OK, my R3 has a reset pinhole near on of the center screws on the bottom. First make sure all of the screws particularly the center ones are hand (not Godzilla) tight. Disconnect all power, use a paperclip or straightened staple, push in reset hole (should feel it click) and hold for five seconds. Try to reboot.