Razer Kraken Pro single cord micprophone

Tygra
Tygra Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey Guys,

Yesterday I got a new laptop, namely Acer Nitro 5 AN515-31-86FR NH.Q2XEU.009

Everything is fine and the laptop is much more then what I expected. The only problem I have is that I can't get my headset's mic to work. As the laptop has only audio jack, I plugged my Razer Kraken Pro V2 in and expected everything to work. The headset has a factory splitter that splits the cord into audio and jack. I the headset with my phone daily and mic works perfectly. Same as with my dekstop pc.

But as I plug it into the laptop it just doesn't recognize it. The audio is great but the laptop uses the built in microphones.
I tried everything. HD audio controller, clicked on the Analog black cirlcle, it's set to headset(but it asks each time anyway what I connect). When I set it to mic it work, but then it uses the laptop's speakers for audio output, as it's expected. At first I used the provided drivers from the acer support section, then updated them with driver booster. I installed Razer surround, tried to set and change everything mic related in the Audio settings in the Control Panel. Still nothing.

(Control Panel Audio settings and HD Audio Settings shows the mic array as only source of input.)
The laptop's microphones seem very sensitive and picks up sound great, but I would prefer to use my headset's microphone.

For ref: 
https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-kraken-pro-v2

Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer

Hi, Once you have the headset connected to the PC, it's time to quickly make sure Windows has sound levels and the like set up and configured correctly. Firstly, we need to ensure Windows has the headset selected as the default output device.

1. Left click the sound icon in the taskbar.
    2. Select the sound device in the drop-down menu.

Windows 10 Sound

3. Choose the connected headset.

This could have in brackets either USB or the brand and model of the onboard motherboard audio. This depends on which connection type the headset utilizes.

Testing

Now we'll need to test the output to make sure we've selected the correct device and everything is working perfectly. You can do this by firing up some media on the PC, or utilize the test function in Windows.

1. Right click the sound icon in the taskbar.
    2. Select Playback devices.
    3. Choose the headphones (should have a green tick).

Windows 10 Output

4. Hit Properties.
    5. Select the Advanced tab.
    6. Hit the test button.

If you hear sound through the headphones, we're good to go. If not, try check you have the correct device selected for sound output, and that the headset itself is plugged in. (We've all be in the position where something doesn't work because it isn't physically connected.)

Record your voice

After that, we need to select the microphone as the default input device and make sure the volume is turned up. To do this, we run through similar steps carried out for the headphones.

1. Right click the sound icon in the taskbar.
    2. Select Recording devices.
    3. Choose the microphone.

Windows 10 Microphones

4. Hit Set as default.
    5. Open the Properties window.

Windows 10 Sound

6. Select the Levels tab.
    7. Adjust the volume accordingly.

Be sure to fire up your favorite VoIP app (Discord is a great option) or recording software to test the microphone out. Some applications can take full control of the microphone and adjust levels accordingly, others allow you to manipulate the volume within the software suite to save you from opening this recording window each and every time.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)