Predator Helios 300 Sleeping

kirkkaf13
kirkkaf13 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I've had my Predator Helios for a few months now and starting to notice that it goes into sleep mode extremely quickly when inactive. I only noticed this due to reading on my device and within 45 seconds to 1 minute the computer will go into sleep mode and require me to wake it up and log back in. 

This is extremely annoying while trying to read. At first I thought this might be due to my power option settings, I currently have it to high performance mode, clicked change plan settings and for each option whether or not plugged in I set turn off the display and put the computer to sleep to 'Never'.

Unfortunately this appears to have done nothing and the computer continues to ignore Window settings and sleeps regardless.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Try changing the sleep settings for all power plans. Sometimes the plans switch.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • kirkkaf13
    kirkkaf13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Try changing the sleep settings for all power plans. Sometimes the plans switch.

Skelo
    I have never experienced anything like this on any Windows computer I have ever used. Why would the power plan switch? I set it to a certain power option for a reason. 
  • jaserankin
    jaserankin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did this ever get resolved? Mine does the same thing. Goes to sleep like after a minute, requiring my PIN to get back in no matter what power or sleep settings I set.
  • Darrcel
    Darrcel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey guys! Mine did the same thing and I just discovered why mine particularly was doing it! I have an apple watch with a magnetic band. Every time the magnet went over a spot on the bottom left of the track pad it would go to sleep! We think it was the computer thinking I was closing the lid and therefore putting itself in sleep mode. Not sure if this will help you out but I'm hoping that maybe if anyone else has the same issue they see this :) 
  • Jtizzle34
    Jtizzle34 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Darrcel said:
    Hey guys! Mine did the same thing and I just discovered why mine particularly was doing it! I have an apple watch with a magnetic band. Every time the magnet went over a spot on the bottom left of the track pad it would go to sleep! We think it was the computer thinking I was closing the lid and therefore putting itself in sleep mode. Not sure if this will help you out but I'm hoping that maybe if anyone else has the same issue they see this :) 
    Wow thank you so much! I just got a new predator Helios 300 2019 and I have looked up so many things about why my laptop kept randomly going to sleep, seeming like it happened alot when I would start typing! And so when I read your post here I went to my laptop and had my smartwatch on and it went to sleep! I did it again and even took of the watch and held it in the corner of my laptop and it kept falling asleep as if I were really closing the screen! So now that I have taken off my smartwatch it hasn't done it again since! Thank you so much I was about ready to send the laptop back haha!!!
  • Roody
    Roody Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @Jtizzle34
    1. Click on the windows icon
    2. Type regedit
    3. Right-click on regedit icon, click Run as administrator
    4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0
    5. Double click on Attributes
    6. Enter number 2.
    7. Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings).
    8. Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable
    9. Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.

Please click on YES if it's helpful thanks.