Predator Helios 300 i5 Sense Not Working/ Not Opening properly

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Hristo said:
    Hi. Before 2 weaks i have the same problem.
    Just in local *disk C* were is your Windows installed, you need delete all! From system--->Update & Security---->Recovery----->Reset this PC! 100% work! 🙂
    Good luck!
    And dont forget, first instal Predator Sence!
    This could potentially kill all his data on the disk that's on the Windows drive. Before doing this, I would STRONGLY suggest backing up important data to a "different disk" (not different partition).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Hristo
    Hristo Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Yes he must backing up important data to a different Disk, usb, HDD
  • FelGate
    FelGate Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I think for drivers not to conflict with each other and will work on what they are back then. Only use acer provided drivers and softwares, and do not update it via other driver updater softwares.
  • Miras888
    Miras888 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    Miras888 said:
    sri369 said:
    @Miras888

Did you do this --> Uninstall Predator Sense, reinstall Turbo Boost driver, and then try installing Predator Sense again.
    and after that you earned PredatorSense?
    Try to follow the steps and let us the know outcome please, than keep on asking questions without trying out. I am only trying to troubleshoot your issue.
    no, it did not help, it still does not work
  • Miras888

Tinkerer

FelGate said:
    I think for drivers not to conflict with each other and will work on what they are back then. Only use acer provided drivers and softwares, and do not update it via other driver updater softwares.
    now remembered why my PS does not work, I updated the mouse and keyboard drivers through another program that I installed myself, but now how do I fix it?
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    There are a few things you could try to get Predator Sense to work.

First is running Predator Sense in compatibility mode for Windows 8.

Also installing the Turbo Boost drivers from Acers driver download page.

Last you can disable faststartup or clean the fast startup cache.
    Navigate to C:/ > Windows > Prefetch and delete all the files except layout.ini
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    Miras888 said:
    FelGate said:
    now remembered why my PS does not work, I updated the mouse and keyboard drivers through another program that I installed myself, but now how do I fix it?
    This shouldn't matter.
    What I can rather suggest is for you to install a 3rd party software like MSI after burner or such. This could get Predator Sense working.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Miras888

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    Miras888 said:
    FelGate said:
    This shouldn't matter.
    What I can rather suggest is for you to install a 3rd party software like MSI after burner or such. This could get Predator Sense working.
    a program that is similar to PredatorSense?
  • Miras888

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    Miras888 said:
    FelGate said:
    This shouldn't matter.
    God, it worked !! I downloaded Msi dragon center and then launched it and then launched PredatorSense and it started !! thank you very much
  • sri369
    Miras888 said:
    sri369 said:
    Miras888 said:
    FelGate said:
    This shouldn't matter.
    God, it worked !! I downloaded Msi dragon center and then launched it and then launched PredatorSense and it started !! thank you very much
    If that worked, click "accept" on answer so people coming to this thread with this problem can follow the solution.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • BitterFingers
    BitterFingers Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had this same problem.  Predator G9-793 with Windows 10.
    I ran the Predator Sense setup.exe, which uninstalled it and a related program.  Then ran the setup again, and now the program works as intended.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited November 2018
    Mine doesn't open sometimes does the same (it's on bbut in background) if i log off user account and back in and then open it again it will work fine sometimes terminating all the processes/services related to also works and the best solution is the pinhole reset works all the time on next boot

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• SoulHacker
    SoulHacker Member Posts: 2 New User
    sri369 said:
    Miras888 said:
    FelGate said:
    This shouldn't matter.
    Created an account to Like post. For some reason, doing this, made it where Predator Sense launched. Also tried someones else's recommendation with ending all task, then launching all services pretty much in PredatorSense Folder. Not sure what caused it to work, but one of these two recommendations did the trick.

Thank you. 
  • Emanuel1991
    Emanuel1991 Member Posts: 2 New User
    So i just updated my drivers including Predator Sense and it works fine .
    Follow the steps :

Close all processes from predator sense , uninstall it , restart your laptop , download from Acer support  the last version of predator Sense FOR YOUR MODEL and choose the right Operating System that you have on your laptop , Unzip it all  , go in folder 3.01.3000_20180222 , right click on Setup > Run as administrator and install . After this step ,Predator Sense  WILL NOT WORK and you WILL NOT find it in RegEdit cause you have one more step to do until will run properly .

Last step :

in the same folder 3.01.3000_20180222 , go in folder PredatorSenseV3.1 and run  the following file e917f4dfb84a45c2be385f83479d3c9a (is the only one APPXBUNDLE file Type ) and after this Predator Sense will open the interface and will run properly . Enjoy !

• Sokol_Paxa
    Sokol_Paxa Member Posts: 2 New User
    So i just updated my drivers including Predator Sense and it works fine .
    Follow the steps :

Close all processes from predator sense , uninstall it , restart your laptop , download from Acer support  the last version of predator Sense FOR YOUR MODEL and choose the right Operating System that you have on your laptop , Unzip it all  , go in folder 3.01.3000_20180222 , right click on Setup > Run as administrator and install . After this step ,Predator Sense  WILL NOT WORK and you WILL NOT find it in RegEdit cause you have one more step to do until will run properly .

Last step :

in the same folder 3.01.3000_20180222 , go in folder PredatorSenseV3.1 and run  the following file e917f4dfb84a45c2be385f83479d3c9a (is the only one APPXBUNDLE file Type ) and after this Predator Sense will open the interface and will run properly . Enjoy !

Not help. When you run the words: file system error (12007)
  • Sokol_Paxa
    Sokol_Paxa Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2018
    Thank you, you were right! I figured out what the problem was..
     I noticed that in the file "e917f4dfb84a45c2be385f83479d3c9a" it is written, trusted the microsoft store
    I previously deleted microsoft store
     Now I did the restoration and Predator Sense start
  • xXSeniukasXx
    xXSeniukasXx Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    Probably too late but hope this helps some newcomers. It's not necessary to wipe the PC or reset it partly. I had the same issue, yet managed to fix it by simply manually uninstalling the Predator Sense app, then downloading the app from here, under drivers section: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support. Once downloaded, selected the setup file and removed the Predator Sense SERVICE, clicked on setup again and this time it installed the app. Having this done I opened the Predator Sense V3.1 (might be updated) and selected the first package file (many diffferent letters), and installed the actual app from there. And that's basically it, might not work on your PC but it's worth giving a try considering the fact that you're about to partially wipe your system. Hope this solves the problem for most of you.
  • Zhiar43
    Zhiar43 Member Posts: 1 New User
    If u have the same problem as i had  i opened PS and it showed the logo in a loop without opening u don't need to uninstall anything just go to this link
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support and type your serial number if u don't know your serial number in a small green text it says ''Download our serial number detection utility. (Windows operating systems only)''  and go on application download Predator sense not the white version i didn't download that one i don't know what will happen if you do just to be safe download the basic one and when download finishe run the setup after setup is done run PS and You're set to go i did that and it worked hope it does for you too good day.

• Summer
    Summer Member Posts: 2 New User
    You can try going into the SERVICES tab of windows task manager
    There look for the service 'PSSvc". there might be a chance that this service might ve been stopped. if it is stopped just start it back again
    this should fix the problem
  • MrDywar
    MrDywar Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I had same problem.

Laptop model: PH517-51
    Windows ver: 1809

Don't know exactly when it was happen, but may be after i seen message saying "intel XXX need to reboot windows".
    (I reinstalled "Predator Sense", restart "Predator Sense Service" many times, but with no luck)

My steps to solve it:
    1) Remove "Predator Sense" and "Predator Sense Service" from Windows. This topic helps - https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/539478/i-cannot-open-nor-reinstall-my-predator-sense (tool called - MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab)

2) Download "Turbo Boost_Intel" from Acer support, run setup and choose - fix current installation.

3) Reboot windows.

4) Download and install "Predator Sense" from Acer support.

Now it works as before.
    Thanks all for helping.