Acer e5-575g right side screen hinge broken.

Jaiveer
Jaiveer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey I got my Acer laptop almost a year ago and had no problems with and took really good care of it, but one day as I was opening the laptop I heard a crackling noise and saw that the bottom right portion of the screen cover was breaking and tearing away. I would just like to know if I can fix it myself or should I consult a professional. If I hold that portion and open the laptop it works fine. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a broken hinge which wasn't my fault.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    edited March 2018
    Color-coordinated duct tape from HomeDepot or Lowes. Jack E/NJ PS If it's still under warranty you might try to get it fixed by clicking on the ACER service link at the bottom of this page.

Jack E/NJ

• iRishabhJ
    iRishabhJ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same problem happened to me yesterday and when I tried to contact Acer, they said it is the physical damage and we will not give you service free of cost instead my laptop is in warranty period still.
    Could somebody help with me it that how could I fix hinges or get new using my warranty period benefits. I think it is their manufacturing fault because this incident happened in more than one Laptop.
  • aedyall
    aedyall Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I have found that a small binder clip holds mine together and still allows it to open and close.
    It's a shame that Acer has not responded better to this widespread problem.
  • JackE
    @aedyall I really like your innovative solution! But I have a decorative recommendation for your clip. Remove the wire handle after affixing the clip and you won't even know it's there. :)  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• aedyall

Tinkerer

Thanks!
    I'm probably going to leave it on and put some tape on it to keep it from popping off.
    It's a shame to be so tacky with an otherwise good device, though. 
    Unless Acer steps up and offers a fix I certainly won't buy another.
  • backwardsmoonwalking
    backwardsmoonwalking Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey I have a Acer aspire e5 575 and I had the same problem as you. I followed a tear down video and took off the front monitor panel and the entire back panel and I was able to take out the old hinge and replace it with a new one and now it works really well. If you want to you can watch the video and follow the steps or take it to a computer fixer and he can do it for you. http://www.insidemylaptop.com/how-to-disassemble-acer-aspire-e5-571-series-n16q2/ at the step where he takes off the fan instead take of the bracket that holds it right above the fan and replace it.
  • aedyall

Tinkerer

thankYouSoMuch, backwardsmoonwalking, that is a fantastic resource!
    I'm not sure if my hinge is actually broken, it acts more like some stripped screws. Now I can find out ferShure!
    Does anyone have a source for hinges?
  • JackE
    Part nos for left 33.GDEN7.001 and right 33.GDEN7.002 hinges. Google the numbers for vendors/sellers. Pretty cheap. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• aedyall

Tinkerer

*You*, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
    {andThereAren'tManyOfUsLeft!}