I'm missing the sleeve thingie for installing an extra internal harddrive (Predator Helios 300)

samara_in_the_well
samara_in_the_well Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Greetings!
How do I get hold of the sleeve used for mounting and screws needed to install an extra internal harddrive? I have a Predator Helios 300 G3-572 and I live in Sweden. Can you help me? Or maybe tell me where I could turn to to get hold of one. I know they are supposed to be deliviered with the laptop but I'm missing it. :(
Thanks in advance (=

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    samara_in_the_well 
    You may contact a local repair shop or Acer support in Sweden and they will help you.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/sv/SE/content/service-contact

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • samara_in_the_well
    samara_in_the_well Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you. What is the thing called I should buy? They told me "bracket" at the acer support line but therer are so many brackets I dont know which one to buy
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    The part number for bracket is 33.Q28N2.001
    Part numbers for screws:  86.MXRN2.008
                                            86.GCHN2.009
    You need these screws( 4 of each in addition to the bracket), ,oo8 screws are for securing the HDD to the Bracket, .009 screws are for securing the unit to the main body.
    Example:https://octopart.com/33.q28n2.001-acer-85868125
    You may have to buy the screws online or in a local Repair shop.

• tandvark
    tandvark Member Posts: 1 New User
    Greetings!
    How do I get hold of the sleeve used for mounting and screws needed to install an extra internal harddrive? I have a Predator Helios 300 G3-572 and I live in Sweden. Can you help me? Or maybe tell me where I could turn to to get hold of one. I know they are supposed to be deliviered with the laptop but I'm missing it. :(
    Thanks in advance (=
    Did you get the SATA cable but not the sleeve? When I opened up mine there was nothing. Samara, where did you buy your version? What vendor?
    I also had a look of where to retrofit the cable but couldn't see any obvious connections on the board. Does anyone know of any instructions for this?

Cheers!